Messing up your sleep pattern..

G

Grunt

Currently I fall asleep at like 7-8am and I wake up around 3-4 pm.. :(
Plus a few naps now and then :wtf:
Its going to be a real pain in the ass getting back to my normal pattern/rhythm/whatever its called.

Have you managed to mess up your sleeping pattern this xmas? And how do you deal with getting it back to normal?
Going to bed earlier than usual doesn't really work since I just lie there bored as hell for hours :)

when i was in college i'd come home after finals each quarter and sleep for 18 hours a day for about the first 3 or 4 days i was home. then i'd snap out of it like it never happened, and i was back to my normal 6-7 hours a night.

BigDov said:
Damn, I guess my sleeping problems are pretty mild in comparison to that...... :( sorry Grunt, I've got no advice for you man.
S'ok. I'm sure I'll work it out somehow :)

no matter what time i go to bed i always (mostly) wake up around 8 or 8:30. its a curse.

ieholly said:
no matter what time i go to bed i always (mostly) wake up around 8 or 8:30. its a curse.
I'm like that most of the time. But when I'm on vacation and I know I don't have to get up I just stay in my warm bed for hours :drool:

Well, this is what I get for being lazy :p

if i have more than a few days off work, i start sleeping all day and up all night. the past two days have sucked.

thrawn said:
if i have more than a few days off work, i start sleeping all day and up all night. the past two days have sucked.
I know what you mean.. I always do that :(
I just love being up all night then going to bed when the suns coming up :p

im usually pretty straight. the trick is to always sleep the same amount of time in general dispite how long you stay up. Such as during the week im in bed around midnight period. and I always wake up around 7-8. Weekends, I may stay up to 3-4 am but I make sure im out of bed by 10:30 tops so its always at least 7 hours.

I've been going to sleep around midnight (although I start attempting to fall asleep at around 10-10:30), and generally sleep well until 2-3, at which point I begin waking up every 20 minutes.

During Xmas I took a vacation for a week and was sleeping in till about 10:00 every morning. Had to go back to work on Monday and getting up at 6:30 was tough as hell! Today wasn't much better. I've been forgoing breakfast and ironing my clothes at night to get an extra 20 minutes of sleep.

I used to work from 11PM - 7AM and that messed me up.

I cant sleep with light coming through my blinds and stuff.

geez

computadorka said:
I cant sleep with light coming through my blinds and stuff.
:lol:

Thats the one thing I hate about it. Having the sun in your eyes when you're trying to sleep isn't that much fun.. Thank god its dark over here pretty much 24/7 during the winter :p

Just do it gradually. Get out of bed an hour or two earlier each day untill you've realigned. Or you could just do it the easy way, get out of bed when you're supposed to, generally this means little to no sleep the first night and you'll get tired real quick like and can go to bed like normal the following night.

Mine's the same as yours, but in GMT. Today I had to wake up at 11am, amazingly my body clock woke me up exactly then because I asked it too. Awesome. I do have some exams on Thursday and Friday so I'll have to go into school and I guess I can nap when I get back. :eek:

I have problems sleeping on Sunday nights. Either I am just wound up (and pissed off) that I have to go to work the next day, or else I slept too much on Sunday morning. I usually haveto take halk a Unisome to get any sleep on Sunday nights. After that I pretty much get back to normal and then screw it up all over again on the weekends.