Ontopic MERRY CHRISTMAS!

what the fucking fuck is that fuck?

The biggest Christmas Goat in the world

The strange history of the Gävle Goat began in 1966. A man named Stig Gavlén came up with the idea of making a giant version of the traditional Swedish Christmas goat of straw. The aim was to attract customers to the the shops and restaurants in the southern part of the town centre.

On 2 December the 13-metre (42,6 feet) tall, 7-metre long, 3 tonne goat stood on the square. At the stroke of midnight on New Year's Eve, the goat went up in smoke. The perpetrator was found and charged with vandalism. The Gävle Goat has been burned down 24 times since then

BLOG

22nd December

I feel a bit split today. On the one hand I´m full of Christmas spirit and joy. It´s my favourite time of the year, people are happy and it´s going to be a white Christmas! On the other hand I have a feeling of nervousness. Last year 23 of December someone burned me down. It is the 23 of december tomorrow...

But I will not be discouraged, I will stand at Castle Square as long as I possibly can! And I´m so glad that you keep an eye on me through the webcam!

23rd December

Finally! Tomorrow it is time for Christmas goats as well as Santas to hand out the Christmas gifts! Do you have your wish list ready? Something to add? It´s the last chance to send your lists to me! I have business contacts among the goats and Santa and I can tell them if there is something new added to your lists!

24th December

Last night went well, I´m still here! Look!! http://www.merjuligavle.se/Bocken/ Wohoo! Many of you say that it has to do with all this snow. Nobody dares to go out and set me on fire in this cold and in all the snow. And maybe that´s true, in combination with my guards - they are the best!

So today, me and little brother will stand at Castle Square and tell everyone we see Merry Christmas, people of Gävle as well as visitors to Gävle! And tonight, we will coach all the Santas and Christmas goats who are out visiting all the good girls and boys with presents!

Me and little brother wish you all a Merry, merry Christmas!

Last edited:
i hope each of y'all have had a happy day. or happy holiday. or merry fucking christmas. whatever. this day shouldn't be different than any other day. each day is a fucking gift GET OVER IT. and i love and miss you all. even that harold dude. :fly: ;)

i hope each of y'all have had a happy day. or happy holiday. or merry fucking christmas. whatever. this day shouldn't be different than any other day. each day is a fucking gift GET OVER IT. and i love and miss you all. even that harold dude. :fly: ;)

Whats your story? How was your xmas?!?!?!

The biggest Christmas Goat in the world

The strange history of the Gävle Goat began in 1966. A man named Stig Gavlén came up with the idea of making a giant version of the traditional Swedish Christmas goat of straw. The aim was to attract customers to the the shops and restaurants in the southern part of the town centre.

On 2 December the 13-metre (42,6 feet) tall, 7-metre long, 3 tonne goat stood on the square. At the stroke of midnight on New Year's Eve, the goat went up in smoke. The perpetrator was found and charged with vandalism. The Gävle Goat has been burned down 24 times since then

BLOG

22nd December

I feel a bit split today. On the one hand I´m full of Christmas spirit and joy. It´s my favourite time of the year, people are happy and it´s going to be a white Christmas! On the other hand I have a feeling of nervousness. Last year 23 of December someone burned me down. It is the 23 of december tomorrow...

But I will not be discouraged, I will stand at Castle Square as long as I possibly can! And I´m so glad that you keep an eye on me through the webcam!

23rd December

Finally! Tomorrow it is time for Christmas goats as well as Santas to hand out the Christmas gifts! Do you have your wish list ready? Something to add? It´s the last chance to send your lists to me! I have business contacts among the goats and Santa and I can tell them if there is something new added to your lists!

24th December

Last night went well, I´m still here! Look!! http://www.merjuligavle.se/Bocken/ Wohoo! Many of you say that it has to do with all this snow. Nobody dares to go out and set me on fire in this cold and in all the snow. And maybe that´s true, in combination with my guards - they are the best!

So today, me and little brother will stand at Castle Square and tell everyone we see Merry Christmas, people of Gävle as well as visitors to Gävle! And tonight, we will coach all the Santas and Christmas goats who are out visiting all the good girls and boys with presents!

Me and little brother wish you all a Merry, merry Christmas!

www.wordpress.org

Then since you don't live here and you're not influenced by our media, where exactly do you get the idea that we

"Americans insist on calling this particular holiday "Holiday" rather than its actual title, whereas all the other holidays you have can be referred to by their proper name"

? I didn't fail to answer the question because you never asked that question. And again, Americans are not reticent about uttering the word christmas. You wouldn't know this because, as you said, you don't live here. You're either basing your opinion off stories from the small group of Americans you know or off what you see in the media regarding the controversy surrounding this whole issue.

Again, many people say merry christmas. Your original point was still wrong; no one is replacing "christmas" with "holiday". And with comments like that, which one of us is acting like the child here?

This is going round in circles, and conveniently you are still ignoring the fact that America is the only country which has such a controversy about uttering the word Christmas. It is the only country where people state "holidays" rather than dare to say the word Christmas, even though all other countries have multiple holidays over that period. (Again, not every American for sure, and of course certain Americans say Merry Christmas, however a sizable number do not, unlike any other country where Christmas is a recognised festival).

Oh btw I'm not being childish, I'm asking a genuine question because I'm interested to know how old you are. If you won't answer that, I'll find out from someone else on this site who knows. I have no idea why you're so embarrassed about it, or maybe it's because my original estimation of your age was correct? Certainly I hope you are a teenager or college kid because if not, you appear rather immature.

Edit: oh boy, are you really 27? LOL...

Last edited:
This is going round in circles, and conveniently you are still ignoring the fact that America is the only country which has such a controversy about uttering the word Christmas. It is the only country where people state "holidays" rather than dare to say the word Christmas, even though all other countries have multiple holidays over that period.
And again, you're still wrong. People aren't staying "holidays" because they don't want to say christmas, they're saying holidays because they want to include all of them or don't want to waste their breath on "and a happy new year".

I take it you've been to every other country in the world and know that no other says happy holidays? Ever consider the fact that most other countries do not have the mix of ethnic and religious groups that we do?
(Again, not every American for sure, and of course certain Americans say Merry Christmas, however a sizable number do not, unlike any other country where Christmas is a recognised festival).
Which you wouldn't know because you don't live here and you're not influenced by the media meaning that you have no fucking clue what you're talking about when you try to suggest that you know what americans do or do not say.
Oh btw I'm not being childish,
yeah, you are. care to see how?
I'm asking a genuine question because I'm interested to know how old you are. If you won't answer that, I'll find out from someone else on this site who knows. I have no idea why you're so embarrassed about it, or maybe it's because my original estimation of your age was correct? Certainly I hope you are a teenager or college kid because if not, you appear rather immature.
just like that
Edit: oh boy, are you really 27? LOL...
:lol: I display the idiocy of your original argument, yet again, and your only recourse is to pretend that your analysis of my maturity is actually worth something. If that's what helps make you feel like you won the internet, go right ahead.

I miss you too. Mostly cause you take care of the cats. :fly:
Thankfully you clean their litter box regularly. I'm so bad at that. :hs:
a smart man would use this opportunity to thin your cat herd on CL before she gets back

He does that and I get two more to replace each one he sold on CL. Very dumb idea to try and get rid of my babies!

how do you take care of the cats if he cleans the litter boxes? to me, everything else in cat care is inconsequential :p