Ontopic MERRY CHRISTMAS!

MERRY CHRISTMAS

btw, I love making people uncomfortable in stores by wishing them a Merry Christmas. Its fucking retarded.

I have absolutely no idea why this is funny.

Oh wait, I do....it's because you Americans insist on calling this particular holiday "Holiday" rather than its actual title, whereas all the other holidays you have can be referred to by their proper name. Interesting.

I love Christmas. I hope you all have a very merry one even if you don't like it. I don't even believe in Jesus, I just like the festive season and all the pretty lights and the fact that I get to have silly decorations. I like the music and the family time and the gift giving and the whole thing. It makes me very happy to have some cheer. I laugh at the scrooges and feel bad for them too.

I have absolutely no idea why this is funny.

Oh wait, I do....it's because you Americans insist on calling this particular holiday "Holiday" rather than its actual title, whereas all the other holidays you have can be referred to by their proper name. Interesting.

no one says "happy holiday" referring to christmas alone, the whole point of saying it - plural, mind you - is to encompass all holidays that come around this time of year including christmas, hanukkah and new years.

I love Christmas. I hope you all have a very merry one even if you don't like it. I don't even believe in Jesus, I just like the festive season and all the pretty lights and the fact that I get to have silly decorations. I like the music and the family time and the gift giving and the whole thing. It makes me very happy to have some cheer. I laugh at the scrooges and feel bad for them too.

:happy:

I bet you enjoy the time off work though.

I get Independence Day off as well. Like I give a fuck about America's independence.

I don't give two shits what the days off work are for. I just want the same amount of days off as everyone else.

I feel kinda stuck between a rock and a hard place. I really dislike mostly anything religious, and to add to that I also despise the commercialization of these holidays. However I want my child to be able to share experiences with his friends and not feel ostracized. My beliefs and my heart are in contradiction at the moment.

It's the most wonderful time for a beer!
When the kids begin yelling
And hippies are smelling too much like a deer
Us drunks don't need a good reason at all
With those eight hour meetings and skies that start sleeting
We drink out in the hall
us drunks don't need a good reason at all

There'll be silly drunk posting
Some twelve packs for toasting
And passing out in the snow
There'll be scary dry stories
And tales of the glories of
Whiskies drunk long, long ago!

When the booze starts a-flowing
Our cheeks will be glowing
When closing time's near

There'll be silly drunk posting
Some twelve packs for toasting
And passing out in the snow
There'll be scary dry stories
And tales of the glories of
Whiskies drunk long, long ago!

When the booze starts a-flowing
Our cheeks will be glowing
When closing time's near
It's the most wonderful time
Yes, It's the most wonderful time
Oh, It's the most wonderful time

no one says "happy holiday" referring to christmas alone, the whole point of saying it - plural, mind you - is to encompass all holidays that come around this time of year including christmas, hanukkah and new years.

really? Over here we just say "Merry Xmas and a Happy New Year".

I'm not sure that the reason you state is correct, by the way. It would hardly explain why people are uncomfortable about being wished a Merry Christmas, as stated in Fly's post.

I don't give two shits what the days off work are for. I just want the same amount of days off as everyone else.

Hmm, if you "don't give two shits" about what the days off are, it's strange that you told someone to fuck themselves when they wished you a Merry Christmas. That implies you have strong feelings about this particular day.

really? Over here we just say "Merry Xmas and a Happy New Year".

I'm not sure that the reason you state is correct, by the way. It would hardly explain why people are uncomfortable about being wished a Merry Christmas, as stated in Fly's post.
That is indeed the reason. Saying merry christmas and a happy new year ignores the other religious and non-religious holidays during this time of year. Plus it's quicker to say happy holidays than merry christmas and a happy new year.

The reason people are uncomfortable is because the stupid "war on christmas" has been received a lot more idiotic hyped up controversy by the right in recent years. Bottom line: no one in this country says "happy holiday" referring solely to christmas.

That is indeed the reason. Saying merry christmas and a happy new year ignores the other religious and non-religious holidays during this time of year. Plus it's quicker to say happy holidays than merry christmas and a happy new year.

The reason people are uncomfortable is because the stupid "war on christmas" has been received a lot more idiotic hyped up controversy by the right in recent years. Bottom line: no one in this country says "happy holiday" referring solely to christmas.

Bottom line: Many Americans are uncomfortable saying "Merry Christmas" because they don't want to offend anyone else who is not celebrating this (supposedly Christian, but nowadays almost completely secular) festival. Stupid really given that the same thing is not evident regarding Easter or other holidays.

Btw how old are you? Just wondering. You seem like an angry teenager the way you post.

Bottom line: Many Americans are uncomfortable saying "Merry Christmas" because they don't want to offend anyone else who is not celebrating this (supposedly Christian, but nowadays almost completely secular) festival.
No. The discomfort comes from the fact that it's controversial, not out of fear of offending anyone. Plenty of people still only say merry christmas. Many people say "happy holidays" because they want to include everyone or they don't want to bother saying "and a happy new year" as well. The real bottom line is that your assumption that anyone in this country is referring solely to christmas when they say "happy holidays" is mistaken.
Stupid really given that the same thing is not evident regarding Easter or other holidays.
Because there aren't any other major religious holidays on easter weekend.
Btw how old are you? Just wondering. You seem like an angry teenager the way you post.
So do you.

I say happy holidays because saying Merry Christmas, Happy New Year, Happy Hanukkah, Happy Ramadan, Happy Solstice, Happy Kwanzaa, and whatever else. It's exhausting. Happy Holidays starts on Thanksgiving Day and covers me right up through New Years and then everyone is happy and I'm not out of breath.