Ontopic MERRY CHRISTMAS!

No. The discomfort comes from the fact that it's controversial, not out of fear of offending anyone. Plenty of people still only say merry christmas. Many people say "happy holidays" because they want to include everyone or they don't want to bother saying "and a happy new year" as well. The real bottom line is that your assumption that anyone in this country is referring solely to christmas when they say "happy holidays" is mistaken.

Why on earth would Christmas be controversial in comparison to other holidays? Your argument is hardly convincing. I can think of no other country which has such a phobia of the word Christmas; even though most of them have other holidays around the same time, people generally still include the word Christmas in their greeting. It's only Americans who are by and large so PC that they insist on saying the word "holidays" instead due to their discomfort.
there aren't any other major religious holidays on easter weekend.
so do you.
You didn't answer my question, how old are you?

Hmm, if you "don't give two shits" about what the days off are, it's strange that you told someone to fuck themselves when they wished you a Merry Christmas. That implies you have strong feelings about this particular day.

..coupled with a dislike for right wing liars.

Why on earth would Christmas be controversial in comparison to other holidays?
It's controversial because of the argument regarding how religious of a holiday it is. Some people believe all of its religious connotation has long since been stripped out and it should be a purely secular event while others believe that its religious components is the most important and are offended at those who are trying to "take jesus out of christmas". There's a lot of hyped up controversy here - mostly incited by our various media networks, primarily Fox - about this issue so when someone gets uncomfortable with "merry christmas" it's usually due to either their own religious beliefs or due to the controversy surrounding it.
Your argument is hardly convincing. I can think of no other country which has such a phobia of the word Christmas; even though most of them have other holidays around the same time, people generally still include the word Christmas in their greeting. It's only Americans who are by and large so PC that they insist on saying the word "holidays" instead due to their discomfort.
You are still wrong. There is no phobia about it. No one is afraid of saying christmas and as I said, many people still do. You are basing your opinion on the same media-generated controversy that I'm talking about. The only group of people that you'll hear consistently saying "happy holidays" are cashiers because their employers generally insist on one or the other in order to avoid being spotlighted as a chain that's insensitive to other religions.

The fact of the matter is that your initial point was off and no one is renaming christmas to the word "holiday", the "happy holidays" is meant to encompass all of them, not just a single one.
You didn't answer my question, how old are you?
So?

It's controversial because of the argument regarding how religious of a holiday it is. Some people believe all of its religious connotation has long since been stripped out and it should be a purely secular event while others believe that its religious components is the most important and are offended at those who are trying to "take jesus out of christmas". There's a lot of hyped up controversy here - mostly incited by our various media networks, primarily Fox - about this issue so when someone gets uncomfortable with "merry christmas" it's usually due to either their own religious beliefs or due to the controversy surrounding it. You are still wrong. There is no phobia about it. No one is afraid of saying christmas and as I said, many people still do. You are basing your opinion on the same media-generated controversy that I'm talking about. The only group of people that you'll hear consistently saying "happy holidays" are cashiers because their employers generally insist on one or the other in order to avoid being spotlighted as a chain that's insensitive to other religions.

The fact of the matter is that your initial point was off and no one is renaming christmas to the word "holiday", the "happy holidays" is meant to encompass all of them, not just a single one. So?

Sorry, I'm clearly not especially influenced by your media, since I don't live in your country - hence to claim I'm basing my opinion on their statements is patently false. You failed to answer my point about why other nations don't say "holidays" rather than Christmas, despite them all having at least New Year to celebrate as well. This implies that Americans in particular are reticent about uttering the word Christmas.

Also why won't you tell me how old you are? I bet it's because you're embarrassed about being shown up as a naive kid who overestimates their intelligence.

Sorry, I'm clearly not especially influenced by your media, since I don't live in your country - hence to claim I'm basing my opinion on their statements is patently false.
Then since you don't live here and you're not influenced by our media, where exactly do you get the idea that we

"Americans insist on calling this particular holiday "Holiday" rather than its actual title, whereas all the other holidays you have can be referred to by their proper name"

?
You failed to answer my point about why other nations don't say "holidays" rather than Christmas, despite them all having at least New Year to celebrate as well. This implies that Americans in particular are reticent about uttering the word Christmas.
I didn't fail to answer the question because you never asked that question. And again, Americans are not reticent about uttering the word christmas. You wouldn't know this because, as you said, you don't live here. You're either basing your opinion off stories from the small group of Americans you know or off what you see in the media regarding the controversy surrounding this whole issue.

Again, many people say merry christmas. Your original point was still wrong; no one is replacing "christmas" with "holiday".
Also why won't you tell me how old you are? I bet it's because you're embarrassed about being shown up as a naive kid who overestimates their intelligence.
And with comments like that, which one of us is acting like the child here?

opulence, I has it

image-B0FA_4BD12219.jpg