mercury, venus, earth, mars

Sarcasmo

A Taste Of Honey Fluff Boy
Mar 28, 2005
34,396
464
648
45
Austin
Marklar
₥663
b_sinning said:
It will be the best time for the Martians to attack so be prepared.


August 22nd came and went with no peep from the Muslims, so this must be it then. The end of the earth.
 

thrawn

Flaccid Member
Oct 13, 2004
14,850
0
0
Marklar
₥0
Drool-Boy said:
:lol:
Im just now reading the 4th book and read that bit yesterday.



bahaha

He tried to stretch things a bit in that book but I still liked it.

I have one of the original precursors to 2001. A friend of mines grandma died and had huge room with shelves all the way to the ceiling packed with books, she said I could have anything I wanted. I grabbed it.
 

Mean Mr. Mustard

Always shouts out something obscene
Sep 30, 2004
69,200
37,529
1,323
53
Uranus
Marklar
₥41,497
Steam
heyfubuddy
thrawn said:
bahaha

He tried to stretch things a bit in that book but I still liked it.

I have one of the original precursors to 2001. A friend of mines grandma died and had huge room with shelves all the way to the ceiling packed with books, she said I could have anything I wanted. I grabbed it.



Precursor? What do you mean?

Are any of his other books worth reading?
 

thrawn

Flaccid Member
Oct 13, 2004
14,850
0
0
Marklar
₥0
Drool-Boy said:
Precursor? What do you mean?

Are any of his other books worth reading?



Mr. Clarke wrote a short story called The Sentinel for a contest that was pretty much the basis for 2001. I have a copy of it.
 

Sarcasmo

A Taste Of Honey Fluff Boy
Mar 28, 2005
34,396
464
648
45
Austin
Marklar
₥663
If it ain't Douglas Adams, it ain't shit. That's what I always say.


Or at least that's what I'm saying right now, which is actually the first time. But I'll be saying it a lot from now on.
 

eileenbunny

Druish Princess
May 25, 2005
13,468
2,411
573
47
Columbia, Maryland, United States
Marklar
₥592
I heard this Mars story last year too. August 27th was my dad's birthday so I thought I'd celebrate by looking at Mars. I was confused when I learned I couldn't even see Mars that night. My dad would have dug it a lot if it were true.
 

ZRH

(retired?) Google-F.U.
Mar 5, 2005
24,152
1,507
573
<3
Marklar
₥3,530
Sarcasmo said:
If it ain't Douglas Adams, it ain't shit. That's what I always say.


Or at least that's what I'm saying right now, which is actually the first time. But I'll be saying it a lot from now on.
*dope slap*
 

Thorn Bird

Forum Mom
May 24, 2005
14,764
20
41
Marklar
₥0
it's a common thing to be able to see mars frequently at night. the thing that was cool here was it was to be bigger.
maybe we can plan a trip to the big telescope for the meat. :happy:
 

b_sinning

Erect Member
Nov 22, 2004
22,790
47
41
46
Savannah, GA
Marklar
₥10
Thorn Bird said:
it's a common thing to be able to see mars frequently at night. the thing that was cool here was it was to be bigger.
maybe we can plan a trip to the big telescope for the meat. :happy:

Is that what Spange is calling his penis now?