Halp Mental Disorders and Infidelity.

My husband talks to me about his programming classes all the time. I have no idea what the heck he's ever going on about but I listen cause I figure it's more so he can work out the problems out loud when he's having issues than him actually expecting me to understand.

So basically, i might as well be bill gates cause I know all about programming now.

btw, how’s your sweet baby girl doing?! :)

• Gravy
Reactions: nukes
thats like saying im a rocket engineer cause my grandpa was, or that ledboots husband is a nurse.

Thats the dumbest shit ive ever heard.
no, it's like saying you might know a few things about rockets, or LED's husband might know how to stop some bleeding.

nobody claimed to be an expert, but that doesn't mean they're incapable of having learned anything if they were paying attention.

• Gravy
Reactions: Ledboots
no, it's like saying you might know a few things about rockets, or LED's husband might know how to stop some bleeding.

nobody claimed to be an expert, but that doesn't mean they're incapable of having learned anything if they were paying attention.
Its not even that. Being related to someone who does something doesn't mean you know anything about what they do, however going through the material with them for 2+ years?

And that's why his analogy sucked

thats like saying im a rocket engineer cause my grandpa was, or that ledboots husband is a nurse.

Thats the dumbest shit ive ever heard.
The irony here is that when I mentioned I knew some things about missiles because my father was a WEO in the Navy and spent the majority of his career working on missile systems, Asa called me a spaceship door gunner.

• Gravy
Reactions: HipHugHer and nukes
Its not even that. Being related to someone who does something doesn't mean you know anything about what they do, however going through the material with them for 2+ years?

And that's why his analogy sucked
oh I didn't read it as a relative thing but as a proximity thing bc of the husband example

• Gravy
Reactions: Mr. Argumentor
The irony here is that when I mentioned I knew some things about missiles because my father was a WEO in the Navy and spent the majority of his career working on missile systems, Asa called me a spaceship door gunner.
Again, because someone in your family does something doesn't mean you do.

You are a spaceship door gunner.

Again, because someone in your family does something doesn't mean you do.

You are a spaceship door gunner.
You don't think that maybe my father could have talked to me about things he's very knowledgeable about?

And do you even know what the term "spaceship door gunner" means? Because you are using it wrong.

• Gravy
Reactions: nukes
You do t think that may e my father could have talked to me about things he very knowledgeable about?

And do you even know what the term "spaceship door gunner" means? Because you are using it wrong.
It doesn't matter if he talked to you about things he's very knowledgeable about. That only gets you a small smattering of information, it doesn't get you enough to speak intelligently about the topic as a whole.

"An armchair commando who likely did not spend any time in the military, but tries to convince you they did amazing things while in the military" is the first result on UrbanDictionary. Works for me.

It doesn't matter if he talked to you about things he's very knowledgeable about. That only gets you a small smattering of information, it doesn't get you enough to speak intelligently about the topic as a whole.

"An armchair commando who likely did not spend any time in the military, but tries to convince you they did amazing things while in the military" is the first result on UrbanDictionary. Works for me.
All I did was talk generally about missiles. Info that I had gotten from him. Sounds like you are going to constantly shift the goal posts on what qualifies and second hand knowledge or bullshit. Which is ironic because your story about you helping your wife through her schooling sounds more bullshit than me just shooting the shit with my father.

And I have never claimed to be in the military. So yeah, youre not using that term correctly.

• Gravy
Reactions: nukes and HipHugHer