Food men, i want you

i have a male friend right now and we are just friends. we hang out all the time, and it's completely comfortable this way. no pressure. and no, he's not gay. we both really enjoy each other's company. i am helping him with dating strategies. :fly: but we are just friends. and it wasn't hard, and there was never that weird sex/attraction thing to get around BEFORE we were friends.

if it is indeed the type of man you'd want to be around - why don't you just suggest seeing each other in that way? what is there to lose? it's different for women to ask those kind of questions. I've turned down advances in the past, but it's never soured the relationship from the friendly, sometimes it even has enforced it, but I've never lost a friendship out of it.

what i don't understand is - you're a smart girl... and i can't help but think there's an ulterior reason for this being posted here. if that's the case, i'd gladly not take part in the 'discussion'

but what i'm asking is this:

MALES: TO YOU!, WHAT PERCENTAGE WOULD YOU SAY SEX IS IMPORTANT TO YOU? not to women, not to anything else. how important is sex to YOU?

I used to live with two attractive women for about 3-4 years. I was great friends with them, and never slept with them because a) I knew I wasn't compatible with them for a relationship and b) casual sex would have fucked up our friendship/living arrangement.

but what i'm asking is this:

MALES: TO YOU!, WHAT PERCENTAGE WOULD YOU SAY SEX IS IMPORTANT TO YOU? not to women, not to anything else. how important is sex to YOU?
If a male and a female asked this question to a group of males, you'll get different answers.

if it is indeed the type of man you'd want to be around - why don't you just suggest seeing each other in that way? what is there to lose? it's different for women to ask those kind of questions. I've turned down advances in the past, but it's never soured the relationship from the friendly, sometimes it even has enforced it, but I've never lost a friendship out of it.

what i don't understand is - you're a smart girl... and i can't help but think there's an ulterior reason for this being posted here. if that's the case, i'd gladly not take part in the 'discussion'

well, you are totally wrong. i'm not that way anyway. i don't like to hurt people. if there were ulterior motives in this question/discussion, i wouldn't have chosen to bring it up at all, actually. i am honestly just asking because i'm intrigued by this, because it's hard to believe that sex is that important to anyone. actually, this has nothing to do with me at all, save that i'm genuinely intrigued by male reactions to this.

If a male and a female asked this question to a group of males, you'll get different answers.

you're never going to GET a correct answer. what's the emperical basis? what's the social basis?

it's all bollox. people are different. why the fuck do we need to pigeonhole?

Juli wasn't in the picture then. And I'm not allowed to have female friends now..
:wtf: why can't you have girl friends? Zac has many good girl friends, but I'm his best friend. I win!

I used to live with two attractive women for about 3-4 years. I was great friends with them, and never slept with them because a) I knew I wasn't compatible with them for a relationship and b) casual sex would have fucked up our friendship/living arrangement.
Ya, but you're a chick.

i have been talking with a couple of male friends about this. and then it got so interesting i'm polling any male i feel like asking. and who better to turn to than my UF boys?

i am finding an average here, but answers are very interesting. and i am noticing that it depends on if one is married, in a serious relationship, or dating. it all started when my male friends kept telling me that no boy is interested in being a girl's friend...they just want to sleep with you. :rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator:
ahh yes, an US and THEM mentality sells magazines and opinion and movies and other bridget jones esque nightmarish visions of the future for women who never got over the end of sex and the city.

there probably is a Mr. Big out there, chances are though he's a cunt who just wants to gak in your face. You're safer off falling into relationships. that way they start honest, and stay honest.

• Gravy
Reactions: 1 person
april, i've found that many boys have been very honest with me. and strangers in particular. some have hesitated to answer, thinking i'm trying to set them up or beat them down for not answering correctly, but honesty's what i'm looking for. there's no judgment, there's no lecture...i'm fascinated by this. my next question is going to be this:

given the average high percentage men have given to the preceeding question, WHY is sex so important? in other words, what is sex doing for you? why is it so....uh, addicting? is it a physical pleasure need? is it some form of emotion that results from sex? what makes sex so important to YOU?

april, i've found that many boys have been very honest with me. and strangers in particular. some have hesitated to answer, thinking i'm trying to set them up or beat them down for not answering correctly, but honesty's what i'm looking for. there's no judgment, there's no lecture...i'm fascinated by this. my next question is going to be this:

given the average high percentage men have given to the preceeding question, WHY is sex so important? in other words, what is sex doing for you? why is it so....uh, addicting? is it a physical pleasure need? is it some form of emotion that results from sex? what makes sex so important to YOU?

Are you writing a book?