memories

staying up all night on my last night visiting my brother in moscow, sitting at his tiny kitchen table in his tiny kitchen drinking armenian cognac and canadian club, taking smoke breaks on the balcony.

getting a second place ribbon for sailing a couple years ago when i started racing. it was the first prize i had earned since highschool.

any time i arrive home from vacation to my dog.

pub crawls in college.

watching the sun rise over kejimikujik lake where i was on a canoe trip with my father. (i had to get up to pee)

Last edited:
Let's see...

In 2006, I spent the spring semester in Austria. The night of the spring formal, my friend and I decided to pre-game it with some tequila I'd bought. We ended up drinking half the bottle each... we didn't make it to the formal. I barely even made it back to my room.

Every time I've visited Seattle since I moved to Tampa. Got to spend quality time with my cousins (where quality time is defined as time where we have our own mode of transportation or had at least one person who could legally buy alcohol.) And I finally appreciated being able to drive on the freeway and see mountains and lakes, rather than strip malls and billboards.

I could go into detail about the having each of my kids, those are fond memories for me. Although, seeing Haylee completely blue at less the 12 hours old is less then a pleasant memory.

Also, the first time I met Knyte was a funny story, and of course the day he proposed and gave me my ring (two different days).

Now this is a story all about how my life got flipped, turned upside down
I'd like to take just a minute, go to relax mode
And I'll tell you how I became the prince of McCauley Road.

East of Seattle born and raised, in the basement's where I spent most of my days
Chilling out, maxing, relaxing all cool, homeschooling and not going to school
But a lot of clouds who were up to no good kept pouring rain in my neighborhood
We had one little flood and my dad was foaming at the mouth
And said "We're moving down to your great-auntie and great-uncle down south!"

... for some reason, most of the moments I remember most vividly in my life are the sadder ones, like the final drive from my grandparents' house to Seattle-Tacoma International for my flight down here.

Eh. Don't mean to cast a damper on the thread. :p

Now this is a story all about how my life got flipped, turned upside down
I'd like to take just a minute, go to relax mode
And I'll tell you how I became the prince of McCauley Road.

East of Seattle born and raised, in the basement's where I spent most of my days
Chilling out, maxing, relaxing all cool, homeschooling and not going to school
But a lot of clouds who were up to no good kept pouring rain in my neighborhood
We had one little flood and my dad was foaming at the mouth
And said "We're moving down to your great-auntie and great-uncle down south!"

... for some reason, most of the moments I remember most vividly in my life are the sadder ones, like the final drive from my grandparents' house to Seattle-Tacoma International for my flight down here.

Eh. Don't mean to cast a damper on the thread. :p

You're an odd duck. This is the second time that you have quoted Fresh Prince.

This is going to sound mushy...

I was thinking about thiS memory on the way into work before ever seeing this thread. The first time that Zac and I met IRL. Some of you may not know the story, but we met on a cruise ship for the Bahamas. I remeber taking a ferry with him to Atlantis hotel or whatev and we were so giddy and couldn't keep our hands off each other and this lady that was also a passenger asked if we were on our honeymoon because we looked so happy together. She didn't know that we had just met and met off of all places online... Genmay.

It makes me all lucky feeling inside that we are still all giddy around each other four years later. Mwah! I lubb you dickwad.

Oh and so e dude on the boat, the ladys husband or whatev said it doesn't last forever. Ha I hope he is wrong!

/mush

I was thinking about thiS memory on the way into work before ever seeing this thread. The first time that Zac and I met IRL. Some of you may not know the story, but we met on a cruise ship for the Bahamas. I remeber taking a ferry with him to Atlantis hotel or whatev and we were so giddy and couldn't keep our hands off each other and this lady that was also a passenger asked if we were on our honeymoon because we looked so happy together. She didn't know that we had just met and met off of all places online... Genmay.

It makes me all lucky feeling inside that we are still all giddy around each other four years later. Mwah! I lubb you dickwad.

Oh and so e dude on the boat, the ladys husband or whatev said it doesn't last forever. Ha I hope he is wrong!

/mush

And he dutch ovened her on the first date.

awwwwww

I try to block out memories. Most are uneventful or unpleasant. I just try to note lessons learned and then "erase the tape" as it were.
Everyone has a bad share of horrible times, regrets, and pain. We remember the bad only to learn from it, and think often of the good to live our life by.

Wow my cheesy motor is redlining.

/mush

youre so fukn gay

Everyone has a bad share of horrible times, regrets, and pain. We remember the bad only to learn from it, and think often of the good to live our life by.

Wow my cheesy motor is redlining.

yeah...at some point, you have to make a choice. "will i let these things define me, or will i choose to take the energy out and let them rest?" changing the way you think has got to be one of the hardest things i've ever had to do!

yeah...at some point, you have to make a choice. "will i let these things define me, or will i choose to take the energy out and let them rest?" changing the way you think has got to be one of the hardest things i've ever had to do!

Exactly. :hs:

I've been mostly happy most of my life. These past four years have been like insane. People at work tell me that I must be doing drugs, no one is this happy. :)

...but I went through a period that I cried a lot and finally changed everything. Got more respect for myself... that kinda thing...

...but lots of teenage/early 20s go through that weird period.

I try to block out memories. Most are uneventful or unpleasant. I just try to note lessons learned and then "erase the tape" as it were.

I don't forget much. Sometimes, I wish I could. But then, I think about Spangelet running around the house screaming some hobo babble and then, baby bird currently doing the same thing. For all the bad, no matter how bad, it's worth it to have those memories.

For me, living by the lesson is reinforced by the hard memories being never forgotten. Now, a selective delete would be nice. But I have tried to no avail.

I think I was about 26...things just worked out that I slept with 3 chicks in one day...2 were at the same time :fly:

ah, memories