memories

Thorn Bird

Forum Mom
May 24, 2005
Marklar
₥65
i adore fond memories, and i think that reviewing them from time to time helps you remember them, and just feel good. what are some of your warmest/fondest/funniest memories?

my freshman year, i was over at a friend's house, and MST3K was on...i remember laughing till we cried over some squeaky mirror part. it feels so damn good to laugh that hard.

i remember when i was 11, i climbed into the big tree in my garden and watched the sun go down on my final night of summer, and with it, the summer holidays.

i can't remember if i shed a tear, but i was particularly upset. i never climbed the tree again after that.

i shared this a few weeks ago with someone who had an incredibly similar experience, but this is the only deep memory i have. i will think of a better one.

we phone sexed like 300 times before... this is why i've been prepping you on Skype you newbie.

oh right

we need to skypechat again sometime soon - perhaps a forumwide conference where only i talk

I try to block out memories. Most are uneventful or unpleasant. I just try to note lessons learned and then "erase the tape" as it were.

I woke up one morning after camping out overnight at around 9500 feet, just above Silverthorne, CO. My tent was purched up on a small saddle between two peaks, leaving me an awesome view to the east. It was a little overcast, and the fog below me was pretty heavy. A small front was passing over, and was sucking up all the moisture off the mountainside. You coudl actually see it being sucked out of the ground, in the form of a mist like cloud. The vapor would dance and spin in eddies like the turbulence in the wake of a passing jet. More and more got sucked skyward, a 20 minute dance of nature that was an exclusive show just for me.

It was one of the many moments I experienced in CO that put a lasting respect for the power and beauty of the world around us that many never witness, and even more never recognize.