Memorial/Remembrance Day

Jonny_B

Erect Member
Oct 14, 2004
Marklar
₥76
Just got back in from doing the two-minutes of silence thing from 11:10 to 11:12. A WWII era bomber flew over downtown Fort Worth at 11:11. Anyone else participating?

I did two minutes of silence today when someone told me I was going to have to handle yet another pain in the ass project. Does that count?

I was busy working

Like W_A_W said, we don't all get that option.
bah! waw posted at 11:06 and you posted at 10:54 (though i'll give you that you may have had a meeting from 11-12 or something... still, if you're meeting didn't involve pouring molten steel or something you probably could have stopped at 11:11)

not that i really care, anyway. i'm just sayin.

I couldn't even find a poppy here.

mines 2 years old and pretty big - no clip, so i just slide it in the buttonhole.

111120091112.jpg

yes i'm wearing a bodywarmer today

bah! waw posted at 11:06 and you posted at 10:54 (though i'll give you that you may have had a meeting from 11-12 or something... still, if you're meeting didn't involve pouring molten steel or something you probably could have stopped at 11:11)

I posted at 12:57 EST ;)
at 11:11 EST I was working on AV setup for a big meeting

You didn't say MST. I posted at 1:09 EST

I went to a memorial luncheon at my local high school, for my customers' son who died in a Marine helicopter crash in california a couple weeks back. It was nice to see some familiar faces, of my teachers (my customers both taught at the high school, one was my english teacher), and others who I went to school with. I'm pretty sure an entire platoon of Marines were there in dress uniform. Quite the outpouring of people.

Last edited:
They were very short for Marines too. Only a couple of them were taller than me (and I'm 5'11", not incredibly tall)... There was a preggo Marine there too. I'm wondering if the Marines that were there were from a local group or were from the group in SoCal.

They were very short for Marines too. Only a couple of them were taller than me (and I'm 5'11", not incredibly tall)... There was a preggo Marine there too. I'm wondering if the Marines that were there were from a local group or were from the group in SoCal.

perhaps this is the new policy in afghanistan - the locals will only trust jockeys

5'8" is the average American.

You ever wonder why when they announce times for things, it's always EST (and occassionaly CST)? Because no one cares about MST or PST.
i thought they announced a time (9:00) and then the central time (8:00) because it airs at 9:00 in both eastern and pacific times zones (i.e. the pacific broadcast is three hours later than eastern, but at the same local time). i agree, though, that no one cares about mst.

games are not included in this theory.

Last edited: