memorial day weekend plans?

JAXvillain

Curly_Sue
Oct 13, 2004
Marklar
₥0
I'm heading down to my yearly family reunion on sea island, ga for 4 days of sun, beach, ocean, golf, and good food :drool:
managed to hitch a ride down on my uncles jet so I don't have to drive 4-5 hours each way...jet>vette :fly:
he used to have a turbo prop but he upgraded to one of these recently...a citation :cool:
CJ2.jpg

what are you guys up to?

i was hoping to go camping with my cousin but it seems that every state park between here and columbus are booked. so now i dont know what i am doing. i know grandma and prandpa are having a cookout on monday. if i cant go camping, i'll probably be at the cookout.

edit> and i cant talk my pansy cousin into driving to WV and camping on my grandpas property

thrawn said:
i was hoping to go camping with my cousin but it seems that every state park between here and columbus are booked. so now i dont know what i am doing. i know grandma and prandpa are having a cookout on monday. if i cant go camping, i'll probably be at the cookout.

come campin' in 'bama and see the balloons with us!

I'm going to blow up stumps and make my backyard, shoot things, generally make it sound like D-day while the neighbors are having their family get together, fuckers.

elpmis said:
waw is some rich folk with some rich folk

QFT, a Citation is no joke.

--I'm driving my old truck with my old dog, and my hot wife up to Charlotte to visit some family.

Fake Edit: here is a pic of the old dog, and this was 4 years ago. Inserted for the awwwww factor.
codyflaps.jpg

Last edited:
We are headed to my parents. Hopefully it will be warm enough for a trip up the mountain on Mon where we will roast some hot dogs and marshmallows. It's supposed to rain on Sat and possibly Sun, so hopefully it's cleared out for at least one of the weekend days.

why_ask_why said:
neat! a buddy of mine who was the head of HR at my previous company is a hot air balloon pilot...never got out with her and we lost contact a few years ago though

i want to crew. that'd be soooo fun. this weekend is awesome, because there are a bunch of balloons floatin' all over the city. six in the mornin', you hear somethin' like a dragon, you go outside, and there's a balloon so close to your roof you could jump up and touch the basket. it's awesome. they have a balloon glow, a key grab race (at six in the morning, you can watch the balloons try to land close to this pole with a key to a new car on it.) they have fireworks...several years, i'd watch the fireworks and balloons from the river on a friend's boat.
god, i love this jubilee. :heart:

Just hanging out at home.

Decompressing after the past month of worrying/travelling to see my Dad
was in and out of the hospital.

I miss the idea of planning/taking a true vacation though, you lucky bastages.