Flaccid Member
Oct 14, 2004
Planet Hell
Marklar
₥0
pippin7qm.jpg

Didn't expect him to be a mouse, didja?
tongueout4uw.gif

Short story: My son found a nest of young mice in garage with dead mother nearby. Being the animal lover that he is, he captured what he could (3) and brought them in to keep. Two from that batch disappeared. A week or two later he found another nest, and captured 5 more, so we have a total of one bigger one and five tiny ones. My son named one of them Merry, at least I think this is the one (I can't tell them apart):

merry7ta.jpg

Family portrait, as much of the family as I can get in one place at the same time:

meeses2yo.jpg

When my son can identify the others, he plans to name them Frodo, Sam, Legolas, and Gimli. Trouble is, we can't even tell yet if they are male or female, how can you tell with mice? And what difference does it make with an animal that isn't going to come when you call it anyway? I'm just thankful the garage is freestanding, not connected to the house, or I'd be getting the traps out.

Yeah, yeah, I know, crappy pics, but they were taken through the side of the tank, and the little critters wouldn't sit still for their pics
tears0lp.gif

So what's new with everyone else around here these days?

Mice have a tendancy to eat each other when they are in closed spaces. Just an fyi.

Last I knew you only had one! :egads:

Pippin, Merry, Frodo, Sam, Legolas, Gimli? The kids are going LOTR nuts, aren't they? Which one came up with that idea?

April23 said:
Shove 4 or 5 of those on a stick and grill those suckers up.

Someone else already suggested that, you're too late :p

FlamingGlory said:
Mice have a tendancy to eat each other when they are in closed spaces. Just an fyi.

Will watch for that. The tank they're in is a good bit larger than it looks in the pics, they just like to pile up in one corner for some reason.

April23 said:
Shove 4 or 5 of those on a stick and grill those suckers up.

See Jaymie's comment, someone already suggested that. Grilled meeses, yummmm :drool:

JaymieT said:
Last I knew you only had one! :egads:

Pippin, Merry, Frodo, Sam, Legolas, Gimli? The kids are going LOTR nuts, aren't they? Which one came up with that idea?

Yes, yes they are. My daughter named Pippin, my older son named Merry and plans to name the others as listed.

At one point a couple of the meeses escaped and crawled under the kitchen stove. The kids said those two were Frodo and Sam, going to Mount Doom!
loony5tt.gif
They were retrieved, for which I am immensely thankful.

Your better than me, I would not allow my child to keep a mess of mice found in the wild. Wait, I won't even let my kids ever keep a mouse bought from a pet store. Some other rodents are okay, but not mice, they are for the snakes.