Medieval 2 Total War

HydroSqueegee

Flaccid Member
Nov 15, 2004
Marklar
₥0
And burn with your one-more-turn-must-kill-the-scots-but-keep-fending-off-my-advances-so-must-keep-going-despite-it-being-3:30am addictiveness.

And I still have one more town to capture. :mad:

Oh... and the French can go suck a fat dick you fucking stab-me-in-the-back-after-i-commit-3/4-of-my-army-to-scotland snail slupers.

Taking 1/5 of their land was enough to convence them that attacking me was a bad idea.

Fun game. Fighting the actuall battles is a bitch though. William the Conquerer I am not.

Yeah, the AI doesn't seem to put much weight to alliances, and it also seems to make rather poor decisions regarding declarations of war. What really hacks me off is the pope: France lays siege to Caen, I drive off the besieging army, and I'm the bad Cristian? Just wait till my base on Sardinia is built up and then we'll see how much good that post-hole-digger hat does you!

Yeah, the AI doesn't seem to put much weight to alliances, and it also seems to make rather poor decisions regarding declarations of war. What really hacks me off is the pope: France lays siege to Caen, I drive off the besieging army, and I'm the bad Cristian? Just wait till my base on Sardinia is built up and then we'll see how much good that post-hole-digger hat does you!

Can you change your religious affiliation to Satanism?

Get this... I get the cease and decist from the pope not to attack scotland (for the second time, and i honored teh first). So i concentrate on the french instead. Im immediately excommunicated as soon as i attack. :wtf: It may have been because the French allied with the scots halfway through our war.
Still havent reconciled with the pope. I guess 2000 bucks isnt enough to bribe the bastard even when their wealth says bankrupt.

Another oddity... I was attacking away at the french one turn, then the next peace was declaired. :wtf: I did nothing to initiate this, nor did they. Not that i minded. Shortly after i was able to concentrate on teh scots. :D

Last edited:
Get this... I get the cease and decist from the pope not to attack scotland (for the second time, and i honored teh first). So i concentrate on the french instead. Im immediately excommunicated as soon as i attack. :wtf: It may have been because the French allied with the scots halfway through our war.
Still havent reconciled with the pope. I guess 2000 bucks isnt enough to bribe the bastard even when their wealth says bankrupt.

Another oddity... I was attacking away at the french one turn, then the next peace was declaired. :wtf: I did nothing to initiate this, nor did they. Not that i minded. Shortly after i was able to concentrate on teh scots. :D

The trick is to check your popeometer before attacking other catholic nations, and refrain from attacking if it's too low. I'm not too sure how to raise it, though. Obviously finishing missions the pope gives you will help. Oh... and joining any existing crusade. Probably building and expanding churches has some effect. Maybe even sending your priests out to convert the heathens works.

The trick is to check your popeometer before attacking other catholic nations, and refrain from attacking if it's too low. I'm not too sure how to raise it, though. Obviously finishing missions the pope gives you will help. Oh... and joining any existing crusade. Probably building and expanding churches has some effect. Maybe even sending your priests out to convert the heathens works.

When I offered the Papel State 2000 florens, It was rejected and he offered me 150 fl instead. :wtf:

The pope pisses me off. Im Excommunicated and going for gusto. I was able to get allied with teh HRE at least.

How do you build up your diplomats? I was able to kill all of the skill on a couple by trying to bribe Scott Captains.

And how does one go about getting more cardnials? pump out priests and hope they are promoted when one kicks off? I need to put an english pope in rome.

When I offered the Papel State 2000 florens, It was rejected and he offered me 150 fl instead. :wtf:

The pope pisses me off. Im Excommunicated and going for gusto. I was able to get allied with teh HRE at least.

How do you build up your diplomats? I was able to kill all of the skill on a couple by trying to bribe Scott Captains.

And how does one go about getting more cardnials? pump out priests and hope they are promoted when one kicks off? I need to put an english pope in rome.

I think diplomats, and all agents in general, gain experience from successfully completing missions. If you have him wander around and make lots of little deals he should get a few points. I don't know if failing actually reduces the basic experience of a unit, but failure might give the unit a trait which reduces the experience.

Hopefully someone will eventually compile a faq with these mechanics in it. Till then we'll just have to keep guessing.

I'm not sure how to get cardinals. It seems kinda random. Priests also seem to gain experience just from existing. They may get it faster if you plant them in a province with way low catholicism. Can't say for sure.

edit:

Also, I'm not convinced that trying to bribe the pope is the most pious of acts.

Last edited:
I think diplomats, and all agents in general, gain experience from successfully completing missions. If you have him wander around and make lots of little deals he should get a few points. I don't know if failing actually reduces the basic experience of a unit, but failure might give the unit a trait which reduces the experience.

Hopefully someone will eventually compile a faq with these mechanics in it. Till then we'll just have to keep guessing.

I'm not sure how to get cardinals. It seems kinda random. Priests also seem to gain experience just from existing. They may get it faster if you plant them in a province with way low catholicism. Can't say for sure.

edit:

Also, I'm not convinced that trying to bribe the pope is the most pious of acts.

Your sins are worth their weight in gold to the pope. Gotta keep them alter boys a commin... so to speak.