Media Plays everywhere are closing!

i'm sorry, FG...i'm sending a BIG hug to you, despite the fact that you hate being touched. too damn bad...you need a hug. :eek:

Shit who wouldve thought that getting laid off would be so much fun. We played ball tag for eight hours today with customers in the store ^__^

Kiwi and I went to our local store and they had just put the signs up on Saturday, so they still had quite a selection. I was finally able to pick up the Star Wars Trilogy (4,5,6) for $45 - 20%, and we got a couple of books as well.

KNYTE said:
Kiwi and I went to our local store and they had just put the signs up on Saturday, so they still had quite a selection. I was finally able to pick up the Star Wars Trilogy (4,5,6) for $45 - 20%, and we got a couple of books as well.
gg

Jo Dee Messina, 8.99
Lil Bowwow, 8.99
Coldplay, 8.99

not having to listen to that god damned commercial anymore?

Priceless :)

KNYTE said:

:eek: i NEED the original trilogy!!!!!! i had it on vhs back in college and it got stolen. :( thanks for reminding me to put it on my wish list!!!!

Thorn Bird said:
:eek: i NEED the original trilogy!!!!!! i had it on vhs back in college and it got stolen. :( thanks for reminding me to put it on my wish list!!!!

We have it on all available formats including laser disc. We did this so we could have every derivation of the movie there was (with or without the ewoks dance, etc.)

I should point out that their prices are still a little high, even with the closing rates. $27.99 for a new-single DVD (Mr/Mrs Smith, Disney movies, so on)? And you wonder why you're going out of business?

KNYTE said:
I should point out that their prices are still a little high, even with the closing rates. $27.99 for a new-single DVD (Mr/Mrs Smith, Disney movies, so on)? And you wonder why you're going out of business?

wow just wow.

KNYTE said:
New releases are normally $12 for two weeks after they come out. All the regular sales have been pulled of course. It wasnt media play itself that was losing money but the entire musicland group, they just shutdown the most operations heavy section of their business. *shrug*