Media Plays everywhere are closing!

ZRH

(retired?) Google-F.U.
Mar 5, 2005
<3
Marklar
₥20,457
That's right, Media Play (sister store of Sam Goody and Suncoast) is closing.

It would be great, except I work for them.

I can be mean to customers now...

Liquidation starts sunday!

KNYTE said:
Closeout prices????
Next week!

We had free reign today, overall, 43 people got kicked out of the store because we didnt like them. I contributed 15 to that count. Happy times.

eileenbunny said:
Well, I always thought that place was way too expensive. I'm really not surprised at all.
It's the cheapest place around... $8.99 for an album, movies are kinda pricey, videogames have been $19.99 forever. :lol:

They closed up here, like 10 years ago. Of course they were only open for about a year to begin with, but still.

smileynev said:
They closed up here, like 10 years ago. Of course they were only open for about a year to begin with, but still.

A NEV POST!

motherofgod3b4.jpg

Bubbles said:
We have a suncoast in our mall and it is increadibly over priced - sorry you are losing your job though
Suncaost blows, we are owned by a conglomerate called Musicland (use to be owned by best buy) and they are selling off the Media Play assets to keep Suncoast and Sam Goody alive. I cant actually believe people even shop at Suncoast.

FlamingGlory said:
Suncaost blows, we are owned by a conglomerate called Musicland (use to be owned by best buy) and they are selling off the Media Play assets to keep Suncoast and Sam Goody alive. I cant actually believe people even shop at Suncoast.

No one is ever in the one in our mall......everyone goes upstairs to f.y.e.

Most of them closed around here after Bestbuy sold them. I figured it was a matter of time. I wish I still was into Anime or I would have a field day next week in getting stuff. Nice concept. too bad technology and high prices caught up with it.

FlamingGlory said:

I used to think it was ok. But then again other than comic book stores they were the only one that carried Anime (this was 1996-97 before it got popular) I also like the fact that they didnt try to card me for buying it. I also used to buy movie shirts from them too. They all closed up around here maybe 3 years ago now.

edit: just did some research. Three ceo's in two years, one that left after two months? Oh, they are still fucked.

Last edited:
Ryokurin said:
Most of them closed around here after Bestbuy sold them. I figured it was a matter of time. I wish I still was into Anime or I would have a field day next week in getting stuff. Nice concept. too bad technology and high prices caught up with it.
Yup, the reason we got was that best buy essentially ran them into the ground before musicland bought them and they [musicland] could never get them back to where it was before combined with the fact that this is a poor year for the entertainment market.

More importantly we now can fuck with customers as much as we like and not get fired. I spent a good part of my last hour sticking alarm tags to people before they walked out the door. ^__^

FlamingGlory said:
Yup, the reason we got was that best buy essentially ran them into the ground before musicland bought them and they [musicland] could never get them back to where it was before combined with the fact that this is a poor year for the entertainment market.

More importantly we now can fuck with customers as much as we like and not get fired. I spent a good part of my last hour sticking alarm tags to people before they walked out the door. ^__^

Well at least you are enjoying yourself. :D