Thread Meat

Nope. Never had any kind of blood sausage that I can remember.

I wouldn't really consider it a sausage though maybe techincially it is...the flavor is unique, hearty, more meal like that just meaty

what are the varying cuts that corned beef can be made out of.

Also, fuck you, from an irishman. How dare ye argue with me.

We will meat at midnight, we each bring three roasts and a bottle of whisky, only one of us walks away

have a good weekend gents, I'm off to get ready for the sabbath speaking of meat

How to make pastrami (aka corned beef brisket, montreal smoked meat, etc) properly:

- buy a brisket, cure it in the fridge (salt/pink salt/sugar/spices) for several days, smoke it over wood/charcoal at 250F until it's 165F inside
--- or, buy it in a vacuum sealed bag
- slice it into chunks and steam** it until it's fork tender. I shove a colander in a pot and use it on the stove.
- slice it against the grain, put on rye bread with yellow mustard, and serve with good french fries
- eat.

** yes, I realize I made a "no steaming meat" rule previously, but then I remembered that good delis (Schwartz's in montreal, etc) steam their meat for tenderness. So I'll let it go in this single particular case.

Hell naw. If I want meat to fall apart, I'm putting it in my smoker.

Roasting, grilling, frying and smoking are the four permissible means of cooking meat in my household. No boiling (with the sole exception of eggs), no steaming, and especially no microwaving.

I think you're doing yourself a disservice by ignoring braised meats. Osso bucco anyone?

Man, I do so love a good pastrami. Especially covered in sauerkraut and melted swiss.
:drool: I love pastrami. There's a place by one of our offices that's tucked in a corner of a strip mall that has the best fucking pastrami and corned beef I've had in Chicago.
@Amstel how close are you to libertyville?
I think you're doing yourself a disservice by ignoring braised meats. Osso bucco anyone?
Got a good recipe?

Last edited by a moderator:
boarshead knows nothing... you want to know about deli or brisket, you ask a Jew

you want to know how to make a an annoying commercial, ask boarshead
I was friends with an Irishman for years, gave me his mother's corned beef recipe. The secret is to add a shot glass full of red pepper flakes, and boil your brisket with the cabbage, onion, and a couple carrots. Makes a huge difference in flavor, even without the red pepper flakes.

Pastrami, pulled pork, corned beef, sausage, etc. Meats like that make me cringe, sooo gross. The texture is weird or the taste is too funky for me.