Mean computer trick of the day

I got a call a couple of weeks ago:

User: "My computer is frozen, I can't click on anything."

I go over, and sure enough, can't click on anything. So I restart it, and when it comes back up I Ctrl-Atl-Del and have him log on. Once he's logged on, it "freezes" again, and you can't click on anything. However, I notice the keyboard works fine.

User: "Oh, I dropped my mouse right before I called, would that have had anything to do with it?" :tard:

turning someone's virtual memory off is awesome.

switch the mouse to left-handed.

keyboard to Dvork.

then, set ALL their system sounds to a REALLY big wav file.

actually, someone did this to me. it totally sucked and took forever to get the settings back to normal b/c of the stupid wav file.

Back when I did tech support, a fairly knowledgable user came in to tell me his account was locked out because his password wasn't working. I asked if he had his caps lock on, and he was insulted because he's "not that stupid" and "knows what he's doing around computers". I strolled back over to his office, and lo and behold, the caps lock was on. I switched his keyboard a week later to one without a light indicator for the caps lock.

If yo9u know someone with an NVIDIA video card, there's a utility called NVRotate in teh Advanced tab of your display properties...in there you can rotate around 90 or 180 degrees...but thats not confusing, they can just turn the montior...INSTEAD go and click the Desktop Management itme and turn it on..then under tools turn on Enable NVKeystone Display Correction, and Enable NVKeystone option in desktop right click menu (so YOU can easily set and unset this fun switch. :)

So now when you right click on the desktop you will see NVKeystone in the drop down menu...go to that and click Activate. Then click Adjust. In there below the center of the screen you will see 4 buttons 2 with a | inbetween 2 triangles, kinda like >|< When you click those the display becomes backwards horizontally or vertically. So you move your mouse to the left, it goes right..all your display is reversed...Took this guy 40 minutes of rebooting and uninstalling software before he called me to ask WTF happened to his computer. :D MUAAAHAHAAHAHAAAA!!!!

Here's what the keystone adjustment screen looks like..you can also grab the corners and tweak that around and making things very NOT square. LMAO. And when you are done press <ENTER> to save changes ;)

sdrawkcab.jpg

Last edited:
My favorite is to put a floppy drive inside the case with a blank diskette in it. Nobody ever thinks to look inside the case, it took our help desk director 30 minutes to figure it out.

Fat Burger said:
My favorite is still to take a screenshot, set it as the wallpaper and hide all the desktop icons and the taskbar. They keep clicking on everything, and nothing happens.

i've done this twice in the past month...on the same computer. the second time i did a little regedit fun

tre said:
Back when I did tech support, a fairly knowledgable user came in to tell me his account was locked out because his password wasn't working. I asked if he had his caps lock on, and he was insulted because he's "not that stupid" and "knows what he's doing around computers". I strolled back over to his office, and lo and behold, the caps lock was on. I switched his keyboard a week later to one without a light indicator for the caps lock.

you are so freakin sexy

one of the meanest things i have done to someone had nothing to do with their pc. i duct taped a tub of cream cheese to the back of their monitor. i almost started to feel bad about six months later when the guy started missing work and removed it

thrawn said:
one of the meanest things i have done to someone had nothing to do with their pc. i duct taped a tub of cream cheese to the back of their monitor. i almost started to feel bad about six months later when the guy started missing work and removed it
hahahahaha

did he recover?

thrawn said:
How the hell did he not notice it?

theacoustician said:
How the hell did he not notice it?

the monitor was pushed up into the corner of a cube. apparently he wasnt very observant. oddly, his boss' office was not five feet from that corner and he would step out and talk to him over that corner of the cube, all he had to do was look down and he would see it. they were both mentally challenged.

i have also duct taped an empty tuna fish can to the bottom of someones chair....after draining it on the chair.

far too much time on my hands

thrawn said:
the monitor was pushed up into the corner of a cube. apparently he wasnt very observant. oddly, his boss' office was not five feet from that corner and he would step out and talk to him over that corner of the cube, all he had to do was look down and he would see it. they were both mentally challenged.

i have also duct taped an empty tuna fish can to the bottom of someones chair....after draining it on the chair.

If you ever worked in the same office as me, Id probably end up beating your ass every couple of days:fly:

thrawn said:

If you duct tape anything to any of belongings, we are going to have a problem, sir. :thrawn: