McDonalds monopoly pieces trading thread v2

S

shockthemonkey

Guest
BigDov said:
My current car takes super too- it's been upgraded a bit. CAI, throttle body, header, exhaust, lighter flywheel, heavy duty clutch, underdrive pulley, mopar computer, stupid shit like that. I drive like a maniac and am still getting that mileage :fly:

It's working now. Neat little car man. I've kinda realized that without going to some sort of unhappy extreme, I probably won't be getting that kind of mileage with my next car. I'm okay with it :)
it's amazing you get that kinda mileage if you drive hard.... but who knows, sometimes those parts can make mileage better, especially thinks like the intake, tb, exhaust and flywheel.

my car is great, there isnt much I'd do to it anyway... id like an even bigger brake kit, but that is $3000 to start, and requires new wheels/tires. exhaust on my car will net you about 1hp to the wheels, so it's hardly worth the $300-$600 some companies charge. i dunno, the car handles perfectly and stops on a dime, i can't ask for much more.

edit: UDP's are bad... i wouldnt get those. apparently, after reading some review from a bunch of BMW tuning companies (good ones, not some hick shops) they claim they screw up the harmonics of the engine and will strip cams, will also screw up things at idle like your alt/AC and can lead to other failures... that's why i never got one for my car :(
 
Last edited by a moderator:

BigDov

Erect Member
Oct 14, 2004
9,646
3
41
51
close to Seattle
shockthemonkey said:
it's amazing you get that kinda mileage if you drive hard.... but who knows, sometimes those parts can make mileage better, especially thinks like the intake, tb, exhaust and flywheel.

my car is great, there isnt much I'd do to it anyway... id like an even bigger brake kit, but that is $3000 to start, and requires new wheels/tires. exhaust on my car will net you about 1hp to the wheels, so it's hardly worth the $300-$600 some companies charge. i dunno, the car handles perfectly and stops on a dime, i can't ask for much more.


I took it easy on two tanks (read: drove the speed limit at all times) and I got 38 and 39mpg on those tanks. Any other time, 34 or 35.

I might have to hit the local SVT dealer and take one for a spin :D
 
P

PinkysAvenger

Guest
shockthemonkey said:
haha, i guess you eat alot of mcdonalds?
not really, but its the only thing open 24 hours in my town. so if im hungry, i stop by, and i'll know at once wether i won or not.
 
S

shockthemonkey

Guest
BigDov said:
I took it easy on two tanks (read: drove the speed limit at all times) and I got 38 and 39mpg on those tanks. Any other time, 34 or 35.

I might have to hit the local SVT dealer and take one for a spin :D
do that, they're fun
 
S

shockthemonkey

Guest
PinkysAvenger said:
not really, but its the only thing open 24 hours in my town. so if im hungry, i stop by, and i'll know at once wether i won or not.
hahah i gotcha... i'd like to win something in my life, but then again... i try not to push the fates/karma... everything is working out great for me and i dont wanna sway the odds for something stupid like an mp3 player :p
 

BigDov

Erect Member
Oct 14, 2004
9,646
3
41
51
close to Seattle
shockthemonkey said:
edit: UDP's are bad... i wouldnt get those. apparently, after reading some review from a bunch of BMW tuning companies (good ones, not some hick shops) they claim they screw up the harmonics of the engine and will strip cams, will also screw up things at idle like your alt/AC and can lead to other failures... that's why i never got one for my car :(

Damn your edits! I've had this one on there for 75,000 miles, w/no affects whatsoever. Was this information BMW specific?
 
P

PinkysAvenger

Guest
shockthemonkey said:
hahah i gotcha... i'd like to win something in my life, but then again... i try not to push the fates/karma... everything is working out great for me and i dont wanna sway the odds for something stupid like an mp3 player :p
:lol:


karmas a bitch
 
S

shockthemonkey

Guest
BigDov said:
Damn your edits! I've had this one on there for 75,000 miles, w/no affects whatsoever. Was this information BMW specific?
nah it was in general for cars.... who knows, it doesnt matter... the article concerned me enough to not want to buy a UDP, for whatever that's worth
 
S

shockthemonkey

Guest
dreamwalker said:
I threw a few of them away a couple of days ago, not sure which ones they were :(
nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo