Thread May 21, 2011 Judgment Day

b_sinning

Erect Member
Nov 22, 2004
Savannah, GA
Marklar
₥10
I keep seeing religious nuts lately handing out pamphlets and driving vehicles all painted to say the world is going to end May 21, 2011. Luckily my birthday is on May 19th so my plan is just party until the 22nd just in case they are right.

What do you guys thinking about this craziness?

"That date has not one stitch of biblical authority," Camping says from the Oakland office where he runs Family Radio, an evangelical station that reaches listeners around the world. "It's like a fairy tale."

The real date for the end of times, he says, is in 2011.

The Mayans and the recent Hollywood movie "2012" have put the apocalypse in the popular mind this year, but Camping has been at this business for a long time. And while Armageddon is pop science or big-screen entertainment to many, Camping has followers from the Bay Area to China.

Camping, 88, has scrutinized the Bible for almost 70 years and says he has developed a mathematical system to interpret prophecies hidden within the Good Book. One night a few years ago, Camping, a civil engineer by trade, crunched the numbers and was stunned at what he'd found: The world will end May 21, 2011. "

http://articles.sfgate.com/2010-01-01/bay-area/17466332_1_east-bay-bay-area-first-time-camping

http://www.may212011.com/

What do I think about it? I think it's suspiciously similar to the other 14,336,212 dates of the apocalypse that have come and gone with boring results over the past 3,000 years. That's what I think of it.

What do I think about it? I think it's suspiciously similar to the other 14,336,212 dates of the apocalypse that have come and gone with boring results over the past 3,000 years. That's what I think of it.

Very true. I wonder what they hell they are going to do about all the vehicles covered in that date the day after.

I can't be bothered working out leap years but there have only been a bit over 1,000,000 dates in the last 3000 years so at least 13,336,212 of them can't have happened anyway.

how do you keep people under the yoke if you aren't going to scare the shit out of them once in a while?

ohgod125736623.jpg