Mass Effect

fly

omg
Oct 1, 2004
Marklar
₥84,121
Steam
mattressfish
So has anyone played Mass Effect yet for the 360? I'm downloading it now. It's from the same team that brought me KOTOR 1 and 2, which I blew about 80 hours on (if not more).

My only hope is that there can be some character to insult me like KOTOR. Meatsack...

So has anyone played Mass Effect yet for the 360? I'm downloading it now. It's from the same team that brought me KOTOR 1 and 2, which I blew about 80 hours on (if not more).

My only hope is that there can be some character to insult me like KOTOR. Meatsack...

KotOR = Bioware
KotOR:TSL = Obsidian Entertainment (Formally Black Isle under Interplay)

It's Meatbag not Meatsack that is used by HK-47.

I'll wait for it to come out on PC. Modding the game for the win.

Ill be picking it up this week.
I expect it will be awesome.
It is awesome. Totally awesome. You should send me your Xbox, if you don't play online...
My 360 died. :(
RoD? Do the towel trick.
KotOR = Bioware
KotOR:TSL = Obsidian Entertainment (Formally Black Isle under Interplay)

It's Meatbag not Meatsack that is used by HK-47.

Okay, well the same as KOTOR 1 anyway. But KOTOR 2 was EXACTLY the same as the first one with a new story, wtf?

Okay, well the same as KOTOR 1 anyway. But KOTOR 2 was EXACTLY the same as the first one with a new story, wtf?

No there were some gameplay changes such as the different forms of Lightsaber combat. Converting certain NPCs to Jedi if you had the correct influence and or the right stimulation. The influence system. Being able to go to 50 level using the Hiss glitch. I am not sure about force powers or graphics.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lightsaber_combat

KotOR 2 was made on the same game engine, so gameplay was pretty much the same, but the story was broken or something. It sorta fell apart at the end. Still worth playing tho.

No there were some gameplay changes such as the different forms of Lightsaber combat. Converting certain NPCs to Jedi if you had the correct influence and or the right stimulation. The influence system. Being able to go to 50 level using the Hiss glitch. I am not sure about force powers or graphics.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lightsaber_combat

OKay, you win. I remember them being just about the same, and certainly the same graphics engine.

KotOR 2 was made on the same game engine, so gameplay was pretty much the same, but the story was broken or something. It sorta fell apart at the end. Still worth playing tho.

The reason for that was Obsidian/Chris Avellone getting over ambitious with their first project and LucasArts not giving them enough time (i.e. Needing the Xbox version out for the Christmas selling season.)

I will also wait for the PC release, unfortunatley they havn't mentioned a release date for it or if a PC version is in the works so far.

But, I am willing to wait. By the time it comes it will most likely be optimised for DX10 with better textures and such.

You're welcome. :D

(btw, Mine hasn't crapped out yet.)

I'd heard about it in the past and had thought about doing, just never got around to it because honestly TF2 is 10x the game that anything on the 360 is, so I didn't really care.

Last edited: