FYI Maryland the police state

I think that all police interactions should be allowed to be video taped by civilians. They shouldn't have anything to hide when doing basic stuff like writing tickets. They have guns and enforce laws so they should be held more accountable for their actions.

Yet, the police can videotape the arrest without your consent. That's the part that pisses me off about it.

I think that's ok because it's common knowledge that all police vehicles have mounted cameras. Therefor everyone should be aware of it. Just like the signs outside of stores that inform you of video surveillance.

I think that's ok because it's common knowledge that all police vehicles have mounted cameras. Therefor everyone should be aware of it. Just like the signs outside of stores that inform you of video surveillance.

Not all police vehicles have mounted cameras. That's still not asking for permission either. With stores, you have the choice of entering said store knowing there's video equipment. You can't control where the cops are to avoid being taped.

I think that all police interactions should be allowed to be video taped by civilians. They shouldn't have anything to hide when doing basic stuff like writing tickets. They have guns and enforce laws so they should be held more accountable for their actions.

That's also my opinion. Unfortunately some cops cry like little bitches over it and threaten to leave the police force over it, thus forcing the department to act however necessary to kept cops from leaving.

If I was a cop, I'd absolutely want the vehicle mounted camera, and possibly a body-mounted camera that was also only accessible to my superiors.

The issue with private parties filming police is that video can be taken out of context.

It's always a possibility, but it also shows superior officers exactly how the cop handled the situation.

I've seen two videos recently of cop behavior caught by civilian cameras. The first was the officer punching the girl (which I still stand was warranted and no punishment should come of it) and the video regarding the motorcyclist in question. The latter, the cop did not asct properly that I saw. Jumping out of you car with a gun pulled to a motorcyclist, before you can even register what he's saying, you're already scared of the gun and you start pulling back. The guy never showed a badge until after the guy took his gloves off, etc. You still don't know if he ever showed his badge but I'm assuming some proof was done when he received his speeding citation.

If I was the motorcycle guy in MD I'd just use the defense that the drawn gun scared me considering he didn't identify himself as a cop right away so he forgot to turn off the helmet cam. It's not like he started the recorder once he realized it was a cop.