Mars Mission - Neat to Think About

That is up for debate, although I wouldn't doubt it occurred if it were somehow able to be proven either way.

:confused: how is it under debate? smallpox blankets were well documented as a tactic clearly used at least once to kill some natives. but even unwillingly it is widely supported that the majority of the native american population died because of diseases spread by europeans.

Everyone needs to read Guns, Germs and Steel :D

if someone dies you deal with them the way they've been dealing with deaths on a voyage for centries: burial at sea. wrap the poor beggar in a sail or flag and shoot him out the airlock.

if someone dies you deal with them the way they've been dealing with deaths on a voyage for centries: burial at sea. wrap the poor beggar in a sail or flag and shoot him out the airlock.

I may be wrong, but IIRC the airlocks on our equipment is about the size of a large refrigerator. More like break their joints, put them in a fetal position, then have someone already outside pull the body out and chuck it into space.

I may be wrong, but IIRC the airlocks on our equipment is about the size of a large refrigerator. More like break their joints, put them in a fetal position, then have someone already outside pull the body out and chuck it into space.

did you leave out "cube" in reference to the refrigerator? a standard kitchen fridge sized airlock would obviously let you flush all but the largest of individuals without any problem

they're simply going to need a bigger airlock for long voyages. especially if there arises a need to make mid voyage repairs to the vessel.

except that they probably want to examine the body afterwards to make sure there was no foul play :o

did you leave out "cube" in reference to the refrigerator? a standard kitchen fridge sized airlock would obviously let you flush all but the largest of individuals without any problem

Well yeah, I was just thinking, it wouldnt be like on a ship were you can just tip them over the rail.

except that they probably want to examine the body afterwards to make sure there was no foul play :o

It would be hilarious if the astronauts went all territorial/tribal from space madness and started killing eachother.

It would be hilarious if the astronauts went all territorial/tribal from space madness and started killing eachother.

planet-of-apes-lg.gif

What's the price tag on this? Why would we dump billions into a useless journey when so much other shit needs to be done here still? People are completely stupid.

:confused: how is it under debate? smallpox blankets were well documented as a tactic clearly used at least once to kill some natives. but even unwillingly it is widely supported that the majority of the native american population died because of diseases spread by europeans.

Everyone needs to read Guns, Germs and Steel :D

I took an entire course devoted to Native Americans. There is no proof of intentional contamination only speculation. I can write a book with bullshit in it.