Marrige - reaping the monetary rewards

Well it depends if they both work. Both working, then yeah, it looks like you are getting more money but you arent. Bwahaha.

yeah. point is that it seems getting married doesn't always equate to tax breaks

Though I honestly don't believe it should. There's no good reason for married people to get any kind of a break or penalty just because they're married.

links batantly stolen from [m] btw

yeah. point is that it seems getting married doesn't always equate to tax breaks

Though I honestly don't believe it should. There's no good reason for married people to get any kind of a break or penalty just because they're married.

links batantly stolen from [m] btw

Well the state has an interest in keeping people married and making them get married so they have kids. In a traditional situation where the wife does not work (like my family), the marriage deduction is essentially so you can feed the bitch.

I dont think that DINKs should get deductions just because they get married though. Then you are just rewarding them for not doing anything special except signing a contract.

Well the state has an interest in keeping people married and making them get married so they have kids. In a traditional situation where the wife does not work (like my family), the marriage deduction is essentially so you can feed the bitch.

I dont think that DINKs should get deductions just because they get married though. Then you are just rewarding them for not doing anything special except signing a contract.

bingo...then again I'm not sure I support deductions for children. if you can't afford to support them you shouldn't be having them :p

but that wouldn't fly in this world :fly:

bingo...then again I'm not sure I support deductions for children. if you can't afford to support them you shouldn't be having them :p

but that wouldn't fly in this world :fly:

Read back to vested interest in the state to keep people making babies. Either way it starts to phase out once you make over $130,000.

Lets talk about the short term capital gains tax, blech. The state of NY is totally holding me back at the tune of 26%.

you have options when filing for taxes. you don't HAVE to file together if you don't want to. i think it's smart to do the math both ways (like zen did) to see which way reaps the benefits.

i myself don't understand the child tax break thing. it's not anything you can raise a child on, for sure. it does piss me off though that people actually consider this when having kids. tax time one year at the school where i used to work was ridiculous with some of the women running around like chickens, clucking about how to file and when to do it for the money. :dont:

Married men should have to pay less in taxes, because our expenses go up once married.

Wives tend to spend money on furniture, and other stupid stuff like that that men don't need.

It's the opposite in my house. SchmilK spends WAY more than I do.

In fact he is wearing said boots and the rest of his Johnny Cash all black outfit to the funeral tomorrow!