Marrige - reaping the monetary rewards

Does either of you pay for health insurance? Can save some money there, whoever pays the least with the best coverage should be able to toss the appendage on their policy.

Does either of you pay for health insurance? Can save some money there, whoever pays the least with the best coverage should be able to toss the appendage on their policy.

We pay for mine; hers is included in the company benes. We are already looking into the options of keeping mine and submitting for the married discount or getting me onto her plan. It depends on which is more cost effective. I don't know if her company will take me after my transgender surgery. I'm sure the rate-ups are hefty.

:rant:

:D

edit:how ya liking the s2k? thinking about getting one

We love it. You'll lose, obviously, quite a bit of acceleration (it's about 5.5 to 60 instead of the 4.5 or so you're accustomed to) but the fit and finish is light years ahead of what you're used to and the 50/50 weight split makes the car very stable. Get one later than '04 though so you get the 2.2L engine with the better bottom end torque. You'll have a lower redline (8200 as opposed to 9000) but it's not such a dog from the chute.

We love it. You'll lose, obviously, quite a bit of acceleration (it's about 5.5 to 60 instead of the 4.5 or so you're accustomed to) but the fit and finish is light years ahead of what you're used to and the 50/50 weight split makes the car very stable. Get one later than '04 though so you get the 2.2L engine with the better bottom end torque. You'll have a lower redline (8200 as opposed to 9000) but it's not such a dog from the chute.

I was likely going to shoot for an '02 or '03 which can be had with low miles for around 20k or less...my goal in mind for doing this was to buy a condo downtown...this would roughly 1/2 my car payment and give me a little breathing room on the condo payments...the condo is 4 blocks from work anyway so I really only need something to putt around in once in a while

edit: the Z06 did a sub 4 sec 60 time :drool:

/thread derail

I hear tell turbo'd S2000s are pretty sweet

Amy's uncle has an 01 with some exhaust and intake mods done to it. Ours is better out of the gate but his has more torque up top. It also seems to take forever to get to the redline in his given the 9000 rpm rev so I think ours is faster as it's kept in "VTEC" duringhard acceleration. I heard turbos are too much of a hassle with needing to be tuned a lot. I've read about some supercharging that worked out ok though. It's amazing how much space there is under teh hood once you remove all of the intake.