Marrige - reaping the monetary rewards

Candy

Flaccid Member
Jun 10, 2005
In a house with a Purple Room
Marklar
₥0
1. Insurance - thats a biggie. I saved $115 in car alone. Are there any other categories that I may be missing? It's almost like I tured 25 all over again with these discounts for being "mature." I feel like the next step is joining the AARP. :fly:

I am not as concerned about the monetary considerations (although they will be nice) as much as power of attorney, visitation rights, and other civil liberties.

You will save money with homeowner's insurance, mortgages if you cosign, most other loans, medical insurance, income tax if you jointly submit yours.

Theres a monetary reward?
If so I still havent gotten my check.

I never get the checks...that's the other part of being married. I do however have to pick up the check when we go out to eat. I just depressed myself.

I am not as concerned about the monetary considerations (although they will be nice) as much as power of attorney, visitation rights, and other civil liberties.

You will save money with homeowner's insurance, mortgages if you cosign, most other loans, medical insurance, income tax if you jointly submit yours.

The tax break is the best. After claiming single 0 all year and then filing taxes married filing jointly... woowoo baby needs new shoes!

1. Insurance - thats a biggie. I saved $115 in car alone. Are there any other categories that I may be missing? It's almost like I tured 25 all over again with these discounts for being "mature." I feel like the next step is joining the AARP. :fly:

wait, you two just now got on the same insurance or they sent you a check for being married? either way I'm saying wtf mate :fly:

wait, you two just now got on the same insurance or they sent you a check for being married? either way I'm saying wtf mate :fly:

We have been on the same insurance, but since we pay it in full for 6 months at a time the "married" status gave us a refund of $115. Pretty cool.

Oh and I didn't think of the tax discounts. Good call dbzeag!

Last edited:
http://www.savewealth.com/news/9905/marriagepenalty.html

The Sound of Wedding Bells May Make the Tax Man Smile

CARLSAD, CA - The weather's warming up, which means you may have wedding bells in your summer plans.

Weddings are not cheap, by any means. After you factor in the costs of sending invitations, throwing the ceremony, catering the reception and paying for the honeymoon, many couples find that they have spent a small fortune just to get hitched.

Unfortunately, Uncle Sam doesn't make things any easier, causing many married couples to pay higher taxes once they have given their vows.

edit: also, http://www.fool.com/taxes/2000/taxes000519.htm

Last edited:
We have been on the same insurance, but since we pay it in full for 6 months at a time the "married" status gave us a refund of $115. Pretty cool.

Oh and I didn't think of the tax discounts. Good call Zengirl.

But I pointed that out :(