Marriage Equality Thread

You weren't expecting this? People were pretty much expecting that either this or the new DC law was what was going to get this whole issue before the US Supreme Court. I sure hope these California people find some heavy bats to put up for this one.

Well the DC thing is different. That is just approval from Congress about the local ruling. Or they have the ability to remain silent.

I am surprised this went to the feds because basically this is the fullon case to take on DOMA as well as the full clause where each state has to recognize each other's status with the concept of marriage. This case has not made it up to the fed Supreme court before because lower courts have thrown it out before. I would likely see this happen, too.

And the attorneys that are bringing it up are very interesting, too; the Bush vs. Gore attorneys, from both sides.

You don't live there. So yes you should get over it.

Now to pre-emptively respond to your next statement, you also talked about moving anywhere but in Ohio and have failed to do so as well, so saying this move would affect your decision to move there is null and void till we know you're actually going to leave the state.

:heart:
I believe this would qualify as Coqui pulling your Hoe card. :fly:

Well the DC thing is different. That is just approval from Congress about the local ruling. Or they have the ability to remain silent.

I am surprised this went to the feds because basically this is the fullon case to take on DOMA as well as the full clause where each state has to recognize each other's status with the concept of marriage. This case has not made it up to the fed Supreme court before because lower courts have thrown it out before. I would likely see this happen, too.

And the attorneys that are bringing it up are very interesting, too; the Bush vs. Gore attorneys, from both sides.

Well, it's was gonna have to come up eventually, even if it isn't on this one. There's too much of a logistical nightmare involved in all of this. The Full Faith and Credit Clause makes it a difficult issue, not to mention the fact that gay rights activists aren't going to give up until this is solved. Civil rights issues have a way of not going away. I just hope whenever it does get there, the lawyers that argue the case go at it the right way and there are some impartial justices hearing it all.