OzSTEEZ

¡ɟɟo ʞɔnɟ ʇunɔ 'ᴉO
Nov 11, 2008
Oz
Marklar
₥25,442
Marines around the
world
are outraged by the injuries inflicted by police on Scott Olsen at Tuesday's Occupy Oakland protests. The following picture is taken from the Reddit thread "How I feel, as a United States Marine, about what occurred in Oakland."
This man is not alone. In the five hours since the thread went up there have been over 600 comments.

marine.jpg

I'm currently listening to the first Drowning Pool album so I'm quite happy to be angry about the Oakland Police also.

Yeah. There is a video of him getting injured. Flashbang to the face. Then, when people notice he's down, they run up to him to help him, and you actually see another cop throw another flashbang right into the crowd around him. It's fucking ridiculous.

This is how the Arab Spring started. To think we're immune to it over here... Granted, we have a lot of cushy amenities that make the general populace more apathetic, but that's changing quickly.

Yeah. There is a video of him getting injured. Flashbang to the face. Then, when people notice he's down, they run up to him to help him, and you actually see another cop throw another flashbang right into the crowd around him. It's fucking ridiculous.

This is how the Arab Spring started. To think we're immune to it over here... Granted, we have a lot of cushy amenities that make the general populace more apathetic, but that's changing quickly.

It seems that right now you have those who either don't have those cushy amenities or those who don't value cushy amenities as much as most who are protesting. Hopefully we will see something positive come from this, but it just might take the materialistic to join in in order for change to happen.

that doesn't show how it happened. immaterial anyway. the point is nothing should have happened.

The police reaction just seems to prove the demonstrators point of the system is no longer in favor of the people. The police appear to be protecting and serving someone other than the common man. There wasn't any violence until they started it. It's odd to think that these protests will be seen as our generation's versions of the 60s protests.

This right here. While I don't agree 100% with what they want I think it's bad ass they are doing it and I support them 100%.
Pretty much. Its fine to stand up in what you believe in, but gosh a bunch of them are whiny no self responsibility tards.