margin/padding difference in FF and IE

nm, i just css hacked it. i didn't want to have to do that, but i don't want to agonize over it either... and it's quittin time.

it wasn't a gap so much as a larger space between the image and the list in FF. i don't know where the gap is coming from, so i just had to give the left margin a negative value to get rid of it (for FF only... IE doesn't have the mystery margin/padding)

I'm not a fan of how IE handles tabs but then again I keep forgetting to change the FF setting so that it's a single button on the side. I also don't like the lack of a real toolbar in IE. Refresh should always be right next to the back and forward arrows.

I use both. The only reason I had to pick Firefox over IE was the tabbed browsing so now I use either one depending on the application.

I'm not a fan of how IE handles tabs but then again I keep forgetting to change the FF setting so that it's a single button on the side. I also don't like the lack of a real toolbar in IE. Refresh should always be right next to the back and forward arrows.

I use both. The only reason I had to pick Firefox over IE was the tabbed browsing so now I use either one depending on the application.

The lack of toolbar irritated me as well.

Edit: There is an IE add-on for FF that allows you to toggle between both. https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/1419

Never have to touch IE again is a blessing.

Last edited:
eh, some sites still won't render properly in firefox, even with that extension
crap! i was hoping that was the solution to the various sites that insist on the use of IE.

My IE still doesn't have tabbed browsing because I don't want to install IE 7. That way I can check my code in FF and IE 6 on my computer, and use another in the office to try it in 7. 7 usually gays it all up even after it works in FF and IE 6. Bastards.