Mardi Gras Regatta

Jonny_B

Erect Member
Oct 14, 2004
Marklar
₥76
picture.php

Me and a couple guys from one of the local sailing clubs are working on borrowing a boat to take to the Mardi Gras Regatta in New Orleans this year. I'm pretty stoked since it'll be my first time to LA. We'll do terribly, since we're borrowing a boat in rough shape with worn out sails.

We're sure to lose the races, but our goal is to win the party.

I'll keep you posted.

Anyone going to be in the area?

Try to moon people as they pass you.
i haven't mooned anyone from a sailboat yet, but i have been mooned. the entire crew of a boat that beat us because we went to the wrong finish mark mooned/flashed us. bastards. we had 'em whipped until we fucked up.

Two of the guys who are going are test driving the boat we may borrow today. It's a J/24 that recently had some work completed. Here's hoping the repairs were successful.

Boooo, the boat we were going to borrow is apparently unavailable. Not sure if it's due to still needing further repairs or the owner not willing to lend, but either way we're currently boatless.

This may turn into a "go to N.O. and party weekend" rather than a "go to N.O. and sail and party weekend".

It's pretty immoral for an architect to go to a devastated city and just sit around getting shitfaced. I mean, talk about a kick to the crotch of humanity.

It's pretty immoral for an architect to go to a devastated city and just sit around getting shitfaced. I mean, talk about a kick to the crotch of humanity.
:lol:

first off, the places people are living ain't so devastated anymore
secondly, i'm not an architect and even if i were i wouldn't be licensed to practice in LA.

besides, it's what we sailors do. you bring the ice, water and medical supplies. we'll bring the party.

last October I sailed out of Clear Lake and Galveston Bay past devastation unlike anything I'd seen in person before (except downtown Detroit), but do did dozens of people from Galveston and Houston.