man vs. wild being investigated v.id go gay for him

you can discount the show all you want but he was doing the hardcore shit FIRST and Les has had to step up his game in order to be 1/10th as good of a show...no producer drank the juice from elephant dung...no producer jumped into an arctic pool of water to show how to stave off hypothermia... no producer was on a raft made of twigs with tiger sharks within hands reach, etc, ad nauseum

I love you man but come on now, is it like finding out santa claus isnt real? :fly:

say what? they've both been around about a year. bear wasn't doing shit first :lol: drinking the juice from elephant turds is not a "man vs wild" situation, it's more like "man vs common sense" :p

and don't even get me started on the fucking raft that SOMEONE ELSE built for him first AND said sharks weren't even tiger sharks AND there was a diver there making sure they weren't coming near the raft :fly:

edit: and it seems some of the shit he advises is likely to get one killed http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Man_vs._Wild#Inaccurate_survival_advice

les gave birth to his dog team and wove the sled by hand, right??? :rolleyes:

:p

He drank the turd juice...which was a stupid idea and likely to get one killed. :lol:

He jumped in arctic water...when getting wet is the absolutely LAST thing you ever, ever, ever, ever, EVER want to do when in a cold environment because it hastens hypothermia. In other words, it's a fake show designed to teach how to get yourself killed in the wild. :D

les gave birth to his dog team and wove the sled by hand, right??? :rolleyes:

:p

he never implied that he build the sled himself. was that episode not centered around what to do if you happen to be dog sledding and get lost? :p unless bear did an episode on what to do if you're stranded and happen to have an entire team of people with you then his version was about as genuine as star trek :cool:

like I said, he drank the turd juice, he jumped in the arctic water, etc
whatev

I don't think you can deny the fact that drinking turd juice is hardcore, but you have to consider the fact that it's also not recommended by any survival expert and was only done for dramatic effect

He drank the turd juice...which was a stupid idea and likely to get one killed. :lol:

He jumped in arctic water...when getting wet is the absolutely LAST thing you ever, ever, ever, ever, EVER want to do when in a cold environment because it hastens hypothermia. In other words, it's a fake show designed to teach how to get yourself killed in the wild. :D

if you inadvertently fell in water by falling through ice, he was showing you what you need to do to live...going to die of thirst in africa? hell yeah I'd be drinking elephant dung...you can spin it all day long but there are good things about both shows...I just think les is possibly more boring than watching paint dry

he never implied that he build the sled himself. was that episode not centered around what to do if you happen to be dog sledding and get lost? :p unless bear did an episode on what to do if you're stranded and happen to have an entire team of people with you then his version was about as genuine as star trek :cool:

they have always said they had a camera crew, dummy :p

Well, and there you go.

Survival isn't necessarily dramatic and exciting.

it's not the survival itself, it's the manner in which he does it...having to drag the cams around and setup the shots takes away from the show and taxes him to the point of being a dull stick in the mud

it's not the survival itself, it's the manner in which he does it...having to drag the cams around and setup the shots takes away from the show and taxes him to the point of being a dull stick in the mud

I guess i just don't see it that way. I think his camera deal adds to the show. That's just my personal opinion here. I've actually found a lot more of what Les has to say to be useful. I know that Bear is dramatic and fast and fun, but I don't feel that I'm getting as much information from him. It's like Bear is the Fox verision and Les is the National Geographic version, I'm always going to like National Geographic better than Fox, but that's just me. ;) I grew up in the woods and learned a lot of stuff hands on, my uncle was with the Missouri Department of Conservation for 35 years so we would actually go camping as a kid and practice this make your own fire stuff and all that. We also were raised to live off of the land as much as possible, so I can appreciate more of what Les is about. I think it's mostly a matter of where each of us comes from, so in that respect it's good to have both of them since each will appeal to a much different dynamic.

I guess i just don't see it that way. I think his camera deal adds to the show. That's just my personal opinion here. I've actually found a lot more of what Les has to say to be useful. I know that Bear is dramatic and fast and fun, but I don't feel that I'm getting as much information from him. It's like Bear is the Fox verision and Les is the National Geographic version, I'm always going to like National Geographic better than Fox, but that's just me. ;) I grew up in the woods and learned a lot of stuff hands on, my uncle was with the Missouri Department of Conservation for 35 years so we would actually go camping as a kid and practice this make your own fire stuff and all that. We also were raised to live off of the land as much as possible, so I can appreciate more of what Les is about. I think it's mostly a matter of where each of us comes from, so in that respect it's good to have both of them since each will appeal to a much different dynamic.

how is he living off the land any less than Les is? the both subsist on what they can catch or forage

if you inadvertently fell in water by falling through ice, he was showing you what you need to do to live...going to die of thirst in africa? hell yeah I'd be drinking elephant dung...you can spin it all day long but there are good things about both shows...I just think les is possibly more boring than watching paint dry

Fat guys in upstate NY jump into shrinkage-inducing water all the time, it's not that hardcore. :lol: http://www.polarbearclub.org/

Dying of thirst in Africa is a good reason to find a different source of water. A real survival expert would have a dozen choices off the top of his head before even considering elephant turd juice which is quite likely to KILL YOU.

I also think that greco-roman wrestling is boring as fuck but guess what: compared to professional wrestling it's actually real! :p That's what makes the difference. Man vs Wild is a staged reality show that show you what not to do. Survivorman might actually keep you alive one day.

yes, lots of hunting and gathering going on at the holiday inn :fly:

The major difference is spending 7 days alone for real and showing the effects of that solitude and self-reliance versus filming for a few hours, getting some good footage and then packing it up and getting a good meal and a comfy bed every night.

I dunno if ones more "real" than the other, but I watched half an episode of survivorman and that shit was fukn boring as hell.
Dude bobbed around in a raft and drank rain-water.I was hoping he would fight off some sharks with his swiss army knife for something, but no, bobbing and rainwater. Snore.

I dunno if ones more "real" than the other, but I watched half an episode of survivorman and that shit was fukn boring as hell.
Dude bobbed around in a raft and drank rain-water.I was hoping he would fight off some sharks with his swiss army knife for something, but no, bobbing and rainwater. Snore.

haha, my point exactly! I can be bored all by myself with no help from him, thanks :lol: