man vs. wild being investigated v.id go gay for him

JAXvillain

Curly_Sue
Oct 13, 2004
Marklar
₥0
wow, ape was right! this isn't entirely shocking as they always said there were people with him...this will be an interesting story to see unfold...I still find it 20x more entertaining than survivorman so I'll keep watching

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/6911748.stm

Channel 4 is to investigate a claim that it misled viewers in a survival series, in the latest allegation of reality being manipulated on a TV show.

Born Survivor featured British adventurer Bear Grylls dealing with "perilous situations" in the wild.

But a crew member told the Sunday Times some nights were spent in hotels.

Channel 4 insisted Grylls was never billed as working entirely unaided, but promised to raise the matter with the production company that made the show.

American survival consultant Mark Weinert, who was recruited by Diverse Productions, told the paper Grylls claimed to be stranded on a desert island on one occasion.

He often directly addresses the production team, including the cameraman, making it clear he is receiving an element of back-up
Channel 4 statement
However, he was actually in Hawaii and spent some of his time there in a motel, Mr Weinert alleged.

Another time, he added, Grylls was filmed building a raft by himself, whereas the crew had actually put it together and dismantled it beforehand, to ensure that it worked.

And in a further episode, supposedly "wild" horses rounded up by Grylls had come from a local trekking facility, he claimed.

Further investigation

Channel 4 said in a statement that Born Survivor was "not an observational documentary series, but a 'how-to' guide to basic survival techniques in extreme environments".

"The programme explicitly does not claim that presenter Bear Grylls' experience is one of unaided solo survival.

"For example, he often directly addresses the production team, including the cameraman, making it clear he is receiving an element of back-up."

The broadcaster said Grylls carried out his own stunts and did place himself in perilous situations, "though he does so within clearly-observed health and safety guidelines required on productions of this kind".

"However, we take any allegations of misleading our audiences seriously and will be looking into this further with Diverse over the next few days."

The series was originally made for the Discovery Channel in the US and was acquired for UK transmission by Channel 4.

Diverse Productions declined to elaborate on Channel 4's statement, while Grylls's agent was unavailable for comment.

Bwahahhaahhaha, they just got punkd

I like Man Vs Wild but I have always figured they are a lot more protected then we are led to believe.

Last edited:
Jesus Christ. People are fucking retarded. The point of his show is to illustrate how to handle yourself if you're ever in those situations. And they're quite good, by the way. The detail is a bit sparing sometimes, but he gives you the fundamentals.

I disagree (and I didn't think that was a secret, anyway?) - you can't expect someone to fully risk dying for a TV show. I think there should be someone there to make sure he's ultimately ok, but stay uninvolved outside of life-or-death situations.

Meh the other dude all he has is a button that will alert his team if there is a bad situation.

Now that is hardcore, tv I wanna watch.

Jesus Christ. People are fucking retarded. The point of his show is to illustrate how to handle yourself if you're ever in those situations. And they're quite good, by the way. The detail is a bit sparing sometimes, but he gives you the fundamentals.

that pretty much sums up everything that needs to be said it is more of an educational show instead of entertainment.

Meh the other dude all he has is a button that will alert his team if there is a bad situation.

Now that is hardcore, tv I wanna watch.

but makes the show boring...he has to lug the gear around, setup his shots, etc....severely limits the action which is why MvW is better

i happened to see that part. and i have only since a couple scenes from the show.

he does fucked up shit like that in every ep...one recent ep, he stabbed a turtle in the face, drank it's blood, threw it shell and all in a fire and then knifed it open and ate it...that's pretty damned real

i happened to see that part. and i have only since a couple scenes from the show.

He's done it a couple times...

The worst one I thought was when he was drinking his piss all day, then it started to rain. He filled up his bottle and didnt even wash it out
:eek:

But I guess if you have already drank a whole liter of piss why even wash it out? :fly:

he does fucked up shit like that in every ep...one recent ep, he stabbed a turtle in the face, drank it's blood, threw it shell and all in a fire and then knifed it open and ate it...that's pretty damned real

:fly: that sounds awesome, i wonder if it was tasty

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

Tell me they didnt eat Donatello :mad::mad::mad:

:fly: that sounds awesome, i wonder if it was tasty

iirc, he said it was like chicken
he eats everything...scorpions, snake, frogs, zebra, rabbit, deer, fish that he just caught, whacked over the head with a rock and takes a bite out of, insect larvae, etc

iirc, he said it was like chicken
he eats everything...scorpions, snake, frogs, zebra, rabbit, deer, fish that he just caught, whacked over the head with a rock and takes a bite out of, insect larvae, etc

You see the one where he grabs a poisonous spider and eats the ass of it? :fly: