Like herpes - just appears
Feb 5, 2007
St Pete
www.minglemixx.com
Marklar
₥0
we saw Morgan Gene's "man part" today, as described by our
ultrasound lady...

had a bit of a scare, which is why we were there.

janice's blood screen (hope i'm describing this right) came back with
high proteins or something so they had to do an ultrasound. she has
been worried for a week, poor baby. Being a numbers guy, I figured we
were in the clear.

there was a small chance (3%) that the baby might have something
called Try-something 18 or Down's Syndrome. They check the ultrasound
for other "signs" like clenched fists, clubbed feet, smaller
abdomen/torso, and some heart and brain stuff.

But the doc said everything looked fine.

It was an intense morning though. janice is fine. but we're shaken a
little. I may never complain about anything again.

thanks for asking in the other thread. :heart:

i mean, pregnancies are always scary i guess.

trisomy 18 is what it was.. (hopefully not "is")

i can't really even talk about it without tearing up. i can't describe it as anything but intense.

from my other board:

I know exactly what you going through, I lost my son to Trisomy 18 in 98. The same thing happened to me the test came positive the 1st time and the 2nd time it was negative, so we thought we were in the clear. But I had an emergency c-section and well he was born with it. I made the decesion 2 weeks later to let him go back home, to heavens.

Just make sure your doctor does the test again, measures the baby and or has a blood or amnioticy fluid test if you want to make sure.

I'll be praying for your fam bro. This thread brought back some memories. But I can say that God Blessed me with a healthy seed that just turn 8 yesterday.

Check this website for any info or quest?

www.trisomy18.org/site/PageServer

Hells yeah it's stressful man. My wife had to have her appendix taken out when she was 5 months pregnant. Started having contractions after the surgery. Scary as hell, but the contractions stopped, she recovered fine, and I have an awesome 17 month old boy now!

It's good to worry, it shows that you care.

i'm glad to know everything's ok! pregnancy is a crazy thing, and it's FULL of scares...it's quite a humbling experience, especially when you really stop to consider how fragile the whole process is.

read an extra story to him tonight and play him twice as much music. :) :heart:

My sister had the same scary experience, but after further testing everything turned out okay, and now she has a healthy little girl. She found out at the same exact time we learned my mom has cancer, so I believe those two weeks were some of the most stressful of my entire life. I hope everything turns out okay. Babies are so exciting.

That is why I decided against the blood test. I figured if the Ultrasound sowed something then I would get the test but I didn't want to be worried the whole time. One of the poeple I work with had a false positive on Spina Bifida. Drove them crazy.

We had ours ultrasound and our baby has "Man Parts" too :) I don't know anyone who is having a girl! It is amazing. Congrats to you and glad that everything looks good!

To early for a second hand prayer joke???

I couldn't imagine that kinda scare man, give my love to Janice! Glad to hear it was just a scare, lemme know if you guys need anything

God, I remember all of that like it was yesterday. I fucking hated ultrasound day. "Come on in! Let's see if your son's retarded!"

Yeah, great way to spend the morning. :dont:

wow, glad everything is well and man the only scared i had was when i was three months and had a bad car accident. Thank God we were fine, and the next day i had my fallow up appointment and thats when i found out i was having a boy. Not to mention i was 5 months and not 3.
But with my first baby ultrasound they told me.."oh yes i see a third leg..." I was freaking out, oh no my baby. his father was the one that told me no sweety that means the baby is a BOY!!! Duh!!!

yeah, many of those tests are so hypersensitive that the false positives are more frequent than any other result...what's the freaking point of the test? then you have to go for an amnio, which is sticking a needle into the placenta...WTF??? we didn't do any of those tests...it's not like i was going to choose anything other than having the baby anyway. it gets me so mad just thinking about those damn tests that get the mothers incredibly stressed out and worked up...man. :dont: