WTF Man may face charges for heroic actions in NYC

G-Shock

Flaccid Member
Feb 25, 2009
Dallas
Marklar
₥0
I really don't see how this can be true. If so it's just blows my mind how dumb law makers/enforcers can be.

A school safety agent grabbed the gun from a wounded cop and exchanged fire with thieves trying to rob a Brooklyn auto parts store Saturday, law enforcement sources said.

The 50-year-old school safety agent was visiting ARJ Auto Repair in Bedford-Stuyvesant on Saturday night with a group that included hero cop Anthony Presley, 39, sources said.

Five robbers ordered the group onto the ground and began rifling through their pockets. Presley, an MTA Bridges and Tunnels officer who was off duty, pulled his pistol, stood up, identified himself as a cop and told the robbers to stand down, police said.

Presley was shot in the shoulder during the close-quarters gunfight that ensued, police said.

The unidentified school safety agent grabbed the Glock that Presley dropped when he was shot, sources said, and chased the five bandits, firing back after at least one robber shot at him.

Investigators believe Presley fired his weapon seven times before the school safety agent squeezed off nine shots, a source said. The robbers fired a total of six times.

The agent, who is not licensed to carry a gun, could face charges, sources said.
Two of the robbers were wounded in the gun battle.

Kenneth Baxter, 21, and Reashawn Jackson, 18, both of Brooklyn, remained hospitalized Sunday, but were hit with several charges, including attempted murder and robbery, police said.

Police were still hunting Sunday night for the other robbers, who peeled away from the Albany Ave. shop in a Ford Winstar minivan.

Presley, who has served with the bridge and tunnel authority for 10 years and is assigned to the Battery Tunnel, had surgery at Kings County Hospital on Saturday night. He was in stable condition yesterday.

"He took a stand because that's the kind of person he is - a hero," said a childhood friend, Wayne Williams.

It does not say that they were running, just that he was chasing. I'm sure they were shooting while "skipping backwards"

Cool, if we're hanging out and someone shoots you guys. I'll make sure to not chase them. O

BYE GUYS. SEE YOU LATER MAYBE NEXT TIME I'LL GET YOU GOOD!.

He also could of just been advancing while shooting.

Earlier this year a school safety officer was charged with NOT helping a police officer in an arrest.

I guess in NYC it's damned if you do damned if you don't.

It's the letter of the law that he COULD face charges as an unlicensed person firing a weapon while running after the black people suspects. That's all they're saying. He probably won't though. He saved that guy's life after all.

Cool, if we're hanging out and someone shoots you guys. I'll make sure to not chase them. O

BYE GUYS. SEE YOU LATER MAYBE NEXT TIME I'LL GET YOU GOOD!.

He also could of just been advancing while shooting.

Earlier this year a school safety officer was charged with NOT helping a police officer in an arrest.

I guess in NYC it's damned if you do damned if you don't.

You're spending too much time on arfcom and hkforum.

It's the letter of the law that he COULD face charges as an unlicensed person firing a weapon while running after the black people suspects. That's all they're saying. He probably won't though. He saved that guy's life after all.

I don't see why city prosecutors would want to go after him. That's pretty small time if you ask me.

A decent lawyer should be able to get him off on self defense and caught up in the heat of the moment trying to protect the injured people.

Sucks that he would have to waste his savings on a decent lawyer just because the DA wants to get another "kill"

Sucks that he would have to waste his savings on a decent lawyer just because the DA wants to get another "kill"

he won't, a public defender would easily be able to squash the case without this guy stepping foot in a court room. that's if the DA even bothers to press charges which he probably won't because of the bad publicity and because DAs are not just douchebags, they're human beings that think just like the rest of us so he would likely come to the same damn conclusion

"sources said" is about as useful as the line about him "chasing anyone". moving across the room to get behind cover or stepping forward a few feet to line up a shot can be called "chasing" by people who weren't there.

"sources said"

we don't know what happened so the only thing blowing your mind is assumptions being made. if charged get filed then we can rage against the machine but until then it's just a reporter trying to sensationalize a story