Thread Malt Whisky, yes that's no 'e' and Scottish only

Iwas just talking about that. Lately I've become a fan of different caskings like Port, Rum and different wines. The added flavours are really rewarding.

I had a Macallan Sherry Cask a few weeks back, it was a nice change.

What is a good entry level whisky? I'd like to enjoy the stuff, just so I can be like Chikken, but can't get past the part where it tastes like Im licking a charred barrel of shit.

If you run some seawater over the charred barrel of shit and lick that, then you're well on the way to being a Lagavulin fan.

So what I'm getting is that either I like charred shit or find some other spirit. Got it! FUCKERS

start with a cheap whiskey and add some water to it. do this every day for a month, gradually adding less and less water until you learn to drink like a man.

feel free to put a little umbrella in it though

i was sort of being serious. It's hard to drink straight whiskey if you never have before. Start with a Glenlivet 12. put a bit of cold water in it.

My first drink of Whiskey was Cutty Sark at age 16. (with ice) After that, I drank whisky straight up starting at 24. (only Glenlivet and glenmorangie so far)

I had a Macallan Sherry Cask a few weeks back, it was a nice change.

Random story.

Maybe 20 years ago, I was mistaken for someone important and invited to an evening organised by the Scotch Whisky Asociation. I, and a friend, waited patiently at 7 o'clock ( as per the invite) for the doors to open. On entry we were confronted by a long table with part full galsses of whisky, After 7 or 8 ( and still the only ones to arrive) I engaged the barman in conversation.

'What is this? It's really quite pleasant?'

'Well Sir, as the Scotch Whisky Association, we represent over 235(?) distilleries. Were we to tell you what we are serving this evening it would appear that we favour one distilleries which........'

' Look, I'm not in the business, it's just that I quite like this and would happily buy a bottle.'

'Ok, so don't tell anyone, but it's Macallan Rare which is quite uncomon as it's export only'

The hours passed, many, far more important people arrived and I got really really trashed.

Eventually, I found myself chatting with the Director of the SWA, some random member of parliament and a journalist from the Telegraph, who asked 'What is this we're drinking.
The Director of the SWA
'Well Sir, as the Scotch Whisky Association, we represent over 235(?) distilleries. Were we to tell you what we are serving this evening it would appear that we favour one distilleries which........'

Me ' Well I've been puzzling all night. At first I thought Macallan, but it's a tad smoother than that. I'm stumped'.

The director's eyes lit up. He'd found a whisky meister. He promptly introduced me to the barman as some sort of whisky guru and told him to offer me the bottles under the table all 30-50 year olds. I was so trashed they all tasted the same. Unforgiveable.

Random story.

Maybe 20 years ago, I was mistaken for someone important and invited to an evening organised by the Scotch Whisky Asociation. I, and a friend, waited patiently at 7 o'clock ( as per the invite) for the doors to open. On entry we were confronted by a long table with part full galsses of whisky, After 7 or 8 ( and still the only ones to arrive) I engaged the barman in conversation.

'What is this? It's really quite pleasant?'

' Look, I'm not in the business, it's just that I quite like this and would happily buy a bottle.'

'Ok, so don't tell anyone, but it's Macallan Rare which is quite uncomon as it's export only'

The hours passed, many, far more important people arrived and I got really really trashed.

Eventually, I found myself chatting with the Director of the SWA, some random member of parliament and a journalist from the Telegraph, who asked 'What is this we're drinking.
The Director of the SWA

Me ' Well I've been puzzling all night. At first I thought Macallan, but it's a tad smoother than that. I'm stumped'.

The director's eyes lit up. He'd found a whisky meister. He promptly introduced me to the barman as some sort of whisky guru and told him to offer me the bottles under the table all 30-50 year olds. I was so trashed they all tasted the same. Unforgiveable.

Completely forgiveable, as you were not paying for it.