Major defects in the PSP discovered

bast_imret said:
I think it's lighter. It is longer, but not as thick as the DS.
DS is wider, but thinner and shorter. It also weighs less and gets twice the battery life with 2 screens.

I'm telling you. If Sony just made a Gameboy look alike, it would have been great. But now they're going to continue to dick around with their portable platform for the next 2 or 3 gens till they get it right.

bungle said:
i dontthink its so stupid. same size as the ds pretty much so no advantage to either system there, and with the advent of pdas and personal stereos (which the psp could perform at least one of the roles of) people have grown accustomed to the concept of carrying around a slightly larger device, so long as its multi functional

btw, the japanese rollout of practically every system has big problems, because of the pressure to get it out being so high and having no info on launches from previous territories. the ps2 liked to fuck around with memory cards, and a significant portion of super famicoms didnt work at all with certain games. they did a total recall on them and the system still pdid fine
Coming from someone that carries around a blackberry and an mp3 player everywhere, I do not want another piece of shit I have to clip to my belt. I want it in my pocket or it stays home.

theacoustician said:
Coming from someone that carries around a blackberry and an mp3 player everywhere, I do not want another piece of shit I have to clip to my belt. I want it in my pocket or it stays home.
thats appropriate for you, but you're ahead of the curve in terms of carrying electronic devices around

it seems plenty pocketable to me though, maybe you have small pockets?

and you know what they say about a man with small pockets...

bungle said:
thats appropriate for you, but you're ahead of the curve in terms of carrying electronic devices around

it seems plenty pocketable to me though, maybe you have small pockets?

and you know what they say about a man with small pockets...
They're wearing business slacks.

theacoustician said:
They're wearing business slacks.
my 'slacks' as you crazy colonialists would say can hold a dvd case fine, whats up with yours?

bungle said:
my 'slacks' as you crazy colonialists would say can hold a dvd case fine, whats up with yours?
They're the never iron Dockers. Stain resistant and don't wrinkle. Great for me. Except they all have small pockets and that sucks. All my business-ish pants have small pockets. Exact opposite on all my jeans. Weird.

theacoustician said:
DS is wider, but thinner and shorter. It also weighs less and gets twice the battery life with 2 screens.

I'm telling you. If Sony just made a Gameboy look alike, it would have been great. But now they're going to continue to dick around with their portable platform for the next 2 or 3 gens till they get it right.

The PSP is thinner than the DS. PSP is about the same thickness of the DS without the upper screen/lid.

also, I did a google image search for "psp vs ds" and this is what came up:
http://www.tt-forums.net/images/avatars/16511330754021285a30d5b.gif