Mailing Alcohol

ERage said:
You're forgetting the goatse. Don't forget the goatse. I can't forget the goatse :(

Speaking of, I have mailed and received beer from Texas to Ohio and vise versa. I have also purchased absinthe from across the big lake with no problems.

I may have another route to transfer it, lemme ask.

Fat Burger said:
What form should- I mean would I fill out now that I- I mean if I killed the president and wanted to mail his body to the Middle East?

EDIT:
Please respond quickly.

First of all you'd need bank forms for the various Islamic fundamentalist groups so they'd know where to deposit the 69 trillion dollar reward. Then you'd need forms stating that you are my biological father and that I'm entitled to a part of your estate upon your demise. Lastly, you'd need a form stating that Fuxx is not my biological mother, and that it's okay if we have sex.

Fat Burger said:
What form should- I mean would I fill out now that I- I mean if I killed the president and wanted to mail his body to the Middle East?

EDIT:
Please respond quickly.
It doesnt matter who/what it is, from now on think of it as a "biological substance". You can only mail embalmed bodies (perishable items are generally prohibited),

Mailability

• International Mail: Only via registered airmail letter-post as permitted in 622.2 and IMM 135 when written approval has been granted by the Manager, Mailing Standards prior to mailing.

• Domestic Mail: Material known or suspected to contain a Risk Group 2 or 3 pathogen is mailable as First-Class Mail, Priority Mail, or Express Mail.

Required Packaging
Primary Receptacle

• Material must be packaged in a securely sealed primary receptacle.

• The primary receptacle must be surrounded by sufficient absorbent material (for liquids) and cushioning material to protect the primary container from breakage.

• The absorbent material must be capable of taking up the entire liquid contents of the primary receptacle in case of leakage.

• The primary receptacle must be marked with the international biohazard symbol (see Exhibit 346.32e).

Secondary Container

• The primary receptacle and the absorbent and cushioning material must be enclosed in a watertight and securely sealed secondary container.

• The secondary container must also display the international biohazard symbol (see Exhibit 346.42c).

Outer Shipping Container

• The secondary container must fit sungly packed within a strong outer shipping container that is securely sealed.
Marking/Documentation

• A shipping paper and content markings on the outer shipping container are not required.

• Each mailpiece must have a complete delivery and return address.

I could buy a case of wine in Arizona and have it shipped to Texas. Then Arizona decided to quit allowing that. This June they put the issue to vote again. Not sure if it passed. The vineyard owners said that you can send it with FedEx or UPS but you have to tell them it is pre-vinegar.

What is it with you people and following USPS regulations? How the hell will they know what you're sending when it's in a big, cardboard box? It's not like they've got some sort of magically fuelled booze-o-meter to slide the mail through.

itburnswhenipee said:
What is it with you people and following USPS regulations? How the hell will they know what you're sending when it's in a big, cardboard box? It's not like they've got some sort of magically fuelled booze-o-meter to slide the mail through.
Says the only guy who never has had mail seized.

FlamingGlory said:
Says the only guy who never has had mail seized.

My old roommate had some steroids seized, twice.
He opened this package expecting oily muscle goodness and all he found was a letter from the border patrol. :lol: I really :lol:'d when I saw the letter.

Maybe getting drugs shipped from Thailand wasn't the best of ideas.

thrawn said:
My old roommate had some steroids seized, twice.
He opened this package expecting oily muscle goodness and all he found was a letter from the border patrol. :lol: I really :lol:'d when I saw the letter.

Maybe getting drugs shipped from Thailand wasn't the best of ideas.

I'm still waiting to receive some Laphroaig cask strength from glasgow....

itburnswhenipee said:

Once upon a time I worked at one of UPS' major hubs. We had a case of scotch come through where one of the 12 bottles broke, leaking into the cardboard. I had to sit there and destroy the other 11 bottles of 18 year old yumminess due to UPS shipping regs.

This is one of those things where you can do whatever you want up until the point where you get caught doing it. Insulate the bottles, protect the bottles, do whatever you have to do to keep them intact for the very bumpy ride they are about to take and you'll be fine.

And yes, overnighting is a good idea, those packages get preferential treatment. No getting curb-stomped by the disaffected youth working in the trailers.

ChikkenNoodul said:
I've sent scotch via FedEx to Georgia before without issues

That's because you were sending it to Georgia!

GeorgiaBilly.bmp

Billius Georgiallium - Commonly found in the hills of North Georgia

I didnt read this whole thing but as most of you internet junkies probably know Maxim did a huge article about getting shipped Absynthe. They ordered all bottles from czech and other places without any issues and it is illegal here. In fact they even gave full reviews on the effects of each bottle and websites to buy from, lol.