MAD MAX FEST 2010! Awesomeness inside.

Sarcasmo

A Taste Of Honey Fluff Boy
Mar 28, 2005
Austin
Marklar
₥663
Come on, Liam. You get to see Interceptors AND pretend America is dead!

http://wastelandweekend.com/

Wasteland Weekend is a three-day post-apocalyptic party in the desert.

Friday, October 22nd to Sunday, October 24th 2010.

Join the hundreds of fans coming from all over the the United States (and beyond) to gather in the Southern California desert. Set up camp at our wasteland compound, surrounded by specially-built sets. Costumes are required and post-apocalyptic campsites and vehicles are encouraged. Live for three days in a world pulled straight out of the Mad Max movies, beyond the grip of so-called civilization.
Top DJs from all over will provide the soundtrack, fire dancers and bonfires will light up the night, and modified vehicles will shake the earth with their engines. Don’t miss it! Tickets on sale now.
This is an ADULTS ONLY event.

Wasteland Weekend is attracting post-apocalyptic vehicles from all over the country!
Customized military vehicles,
Replicas from the Mad Max movies,
Max’s Pursuit Special. Last of the V8 Interceptors.
We are fortunate to have not just one, but THREE of these rare replicas joining us for this event, with another waiting to be confirmed!

Well, comparing our event to Burning Man is an easy way to tell people that it’s a desert camping event with costumes, music and themed campsites. But there are major differences.

First, our event is costumes-required (so there are no gawkers, only participants in the theme) and we’re laser-focused on only one theme: post-apocalyptic. At Burning Man, a random assortment of vehicles, costumes, camps and art installations scatter the landscape, sometimes within a very broad theme but often not. Wasteland Weekend, on the other hand, is a place where all of the organizers and participants collectively contribute to one specific unifying theme, creating a powerful movie-like setting.

Second, our event is more lenient than Burning Man in some areas, and more strict in others. We’re stricter in the sense that we have to control the atmosphere – the music people hear, the physical environment, etc. This means all costumes need be in theme, and unapproved sound systems will not be allowed. Wasteland Weekend is like one big theme camp, with our “center camp” serving as the official entertainment hub.

Entertainment wise, there are also some similarities and differences. Like Burning Man, we’ll have a lot of fire performers, DJs and live drumming. But unlike Burning Man, our entertainment isn’t a kind of free-flowing, user-created jam session. Ours is a set list of performers appearing at a main stage area. Think of it more as a night club in the desert. (Performers interested in being part of the entertainment must get in touch with us ahead of time.)

Wasteland Weekend is more lenient than Burning Man as far as allowing vendors, allowing unlimited re-entry, and not requiring vehicle registration. Participants can come and go as they like and are free to buy and sell (vendors need to register).

And I guess a third difference is that we’re way closer to Los Angeles, San Diego and Las Vegas than Burning Man, and a lot less expensive!

Burning Man price range: $210 – $300
Wasteland Weekend price range: $50 – $80

I don't think it will be a Paul Oakenfold concert in the desert. There will be a few DJs, a few live bands, and all of the other things you tend to see at festivals.

Unfortunately, though, it isn't real. I want a real Bartertown in the desert, with guns. And whores.

I don't think it will be a Paul Oakenfold concert in the desert. There will be a few DJs, a few live bands, and all of the other things you tend to see at festivals.

Unfortunately, though, it isn't real. I want a real Bartertown in the desert, with guns. And whores.

and mutant midgets that look like ODS

Marty.jpg