Mad Cow

BigDov said:
Funny you should mention that- I'm giving blood today and they ask every time without fail if I have that. I would think that if I did have it, I wouldn't be giving blood every 3 months would I?? Idiots.

The local news had a heyday a few months back when a farmer in Washington had a single cow with mad cow's disease sent to slaughter- they quarantined his farm, pulled back hundreds of pounds of beef and put the poor guy through the ringer on tv. They made it sound like it was his fault too. :(

When in fact it was the damn Canadian's fault

BigDov said:
Funny you should mention that- I'm giving blood today and they ask every time without fail if I have that. I would think that if I did have it, I wouldn't be giving blood every 3 months would I?? Idiots.

The local news had a heyday a few months back when a farmer in Washington had a single cow with mad cow's disease sent to slaughter- they quarantined his farm, pulled back hundreds of pounds of beef and put the poor guy through the ringer on tv. They made it sound like it was his fault too. :(

CJD or rabies? :fly:

Wow. A farmer in my area had a rabid cow, but that incident barely made a ripple even in the local news.

dreamwalker said:
CJD or rabies? :fly:

Wow. A farmer in my area had a rabid cow, but that incident barely made a ripple even in the local news.

CJD sorry about that.

A fricking bridge under construction in downtown Portland is big news to the jackhole news stations around here.

BigDov said:
CJD sorry about that.

A fricking bridge under construction in downtown Portland is big news to the jackhole news stations around here.

I didn't know they asked about CJD. HIV and hepatitis, yes, CJD no :confused:

Learn something new every day...