Lunch ideas

why_ask_why said:
jesus, that sounds awful...are you a hobo? do you know drool???

:fly:

They're pre-cooked so it doesn't matter if you heat them up or not.

They're really not that much better hot than cold.

My old boss years ago used to eat Chef Boyardee Ravioli cold out of the can. I tried them once like that but the cheese really needs to be warm at least or it's like eating sawdust.

I'd generally fire some diced chicken or beef into a wok with a mix of stir-fry vegtables. Takes no time at all, looks well and requires absolutly no effort.

mac and cheese
corn dogs
sandwiches
bagel sandwiches
wraps -- great with grilled chicken, cheese, cucumber, ranch, lettuce, peppers...
salad
"picnic" -- selection of meat and crackers, cheese and crackers, veggie tray, fruit...anything you can eat with fingers or toothpicks
soup
burritos
chicken fingers
frozen shrimp
easy chicken parmesean -- i have an easy recipe if you want it
crockpot -- put on night before so it's ready for lunch
sloppy joes
pizza
healthy choices (or any frozen meals...they are usually on sale and pretty good)
taquitos
pancakes (make some and freeze them)
smoothies
potato salad
egg salad
tuna salad
chicken salad
deviled eggs
bertolli meals -- these are SO good and SO easy -- in freezer of grocery -- you dump it in skillet and it cooks for 10 minutes...yummy

I swear to Xenu, that boy would live off leftovers if he could. I never really ate left overs as a kid... and for the most part I dont like left overs.

He always suggests the same thing, and when he asks what I want I'll say "something healthy" and he will suggest a hot pocket or nachoes :rolleyes:

If it wern't for him coming home, I probably wouldn't eat lunch at all- or I'd have an apple or something...

i'm serious about those bertolli frozen bag meals. they are really good and super quick. they have a variety of flavors, too. :drool:

Thorn Bird said:
i'm serious about those bertolli frozen bag meals. they are really good and super quick. they have a variety of flavors, too. :drool:
I'm almost vomiting at the thought. Pre-made sauces are horrible, as are ready meals.