Lunch ideas

*Fuxx Burger* said:
I made banana bread today! My mom said I'm becoming domesticated :lol:
1) How old are you?
2) Are you male/female?
3) Was it moist? Did you use more bannanas than the recipie calls for? I do, it tastes better.

djduquet said:
1) How old are you?
2) Are you male/female?
3) Was it moist? Did you use more bannanas than the recipie calls for? I do, it tastes better.

that's the trick theac taught me. and to also add some sour cream.

mustard on grilled cheese is awesome...I put a gallon of it on the side for dippin'
even better still is some dijonaise...mix up a little dijon mustard and mayo

djduquet said:
1) How old are you?
2) Are you male/female?
1) 23
2) Depends on my mood
3) Yes I did- Everything I put my hand in becomes moist ;)

Tuna Burger

1 can tuna (in water)
1 egg
1/4 cup bread crumbs
1 splash vegetable oil
1 pinch salt
1 pinch pepper
various spices
4 slices white bread

Preparation:

Open and drain the tuna thoroughly. If you don't have a tuna press, take 89 cents to walmart and get one. Use a fork to transfer the tuna into a bowl. Add 1 egg to the tuna, mix thoroughly. (note: for the cholesterol conscious you can separate the yolk out and just use the egg white). Add breadcrumbs until you reach a semi-dry 'meatloaf' consistency. Separate the mixture into two halves and form into patties. Season to taste.

Put the Vegetable oil in a skillet or pan turned to Medium. (note: you can substitute a non-stick spray). Brown both patties, approximately 3-4 minutes per side.

I like to serve mine on toast, sometimes with lettuce and tomato. Total prep/cook time is ~15 minutes, perfect for a quick lunch. For dinner we'll get a bit fancy and serve them crabcake style, topped with a hollandaise (or other cream based) sauce.

This is a great thread cause Knyte has decided he wants me to pack him lunches and I need ideas on things to send with him. He isn't a sandwich type of guy so I have to mix it up.

kiwi said:
This is a great thread cause Knyte has decided he wants me to pack him lunches and I need ideas on things to send with him. He isn't a sandwich type of guy so I have to mix it up.

mine wants nothing but sandwiches.