Lou Rawls Dies: R.I.P.

Atan Nolme

Flaccid Member
Oct 14, 2004
Karningul,Eriador, Endor
Marklar
₥436
LOS ANGELES -- Grammy Award-winning singer Lou Rawls has died in Los Angeles.

The singer died Friday morning at Cedars Sinai Medical Center, where he was being treated for lung cancer and brain cancer, said his publicist, Paul Shefrin. His wife, Nina, was at his bedside when he died.

He was hospitalized there last month.

Rawls' family and Shefrin said the singer was 72, although other records indicate he was 70.

The velvet-voiced singer started as a church choir boy and went on to sell more than 40 million albums and win three Grammy Awards in a career that spanned nearly five decades and a range of genres.

Among Rawls' hits was the classic love song "You'll Never Find Another Love Like Mine."

Rawls confirmed that he was being treated for lung cancer in an interview with The Arizona Republic in December. In the interview, Rawls said, "Don't count me out, brother."

Rawls was diagnosed with lung cancer in December 2004 and brain cancer in May 2005.

In 2001 he told The Associated Press he'd learned from watching other entertainers it was impossible to "burn the candle at both ends and in the middle."

In addition to his wife, Rawls is survived by four children. Funeral arrangements are pending.

http://www.wftv.com/entertainment/5885763/detail.html?ontheside=pic

Damn an other great artist is gone. :( Damn I feel old. :mad:

^^ :p Have you both been in a cave? You need to get some culture, he was one of the best. Love songs ++ I was sad to hear that we lost such a talent.