Lotteries

On the rare occasion I buy a lottery ticket, I look at like entertainment. I figure i get $5-$10 worth of enjoyment out of "what would I do with $xmillions?" question. Just thinking about the exotic cars and fantasy vacations is worth the few $$. So it's almost like a movie ticket in a sense. I'm paying for a fantasy as it were.

that's how I always looked at it. two or three bucks a month in change

when i visit WV with my grandpa and uncle, i'll spend 5-10 bucks on a powerball ticket with them.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BUehViMjRo0"]YouTube - Me First And The Gimme Gimmes - Country Roads[/ame]

he was flying this

cfc40d32-40c4-4157-8d4f-29d3ba99006e.jpg

Paying off your house is usually the worst investment possible, with the exception of Bernie Madoff.

What?!?!?!

Is it the 10,000+ in interest you're no longer paying the banks that makes it bad?

Or is it the extra income you have from no longer needing to pay a mortgage that makes this bad?

Or is it full equity in your house that makes this bad?

If you say the tax writeoff in having a loan is what makes this a good idea, then I will slap you the next time I see you.

Seriously the only things I can personally find on the Intenrnet that says this is a bad idea is if you dip into your retirement savings or if it's completely hopeless (to pay more than the minimum amount)

If I won a giant lottery, I would rent a bunch of highway billboards and but senseless things on them

Like, have a picture of a guy in a white tux smoking a cigarette and have a slogan like
"Parachute your boots."

I do a lottery at work between like 10 of us on what the bonus number will be every week. If I won the real lottery I'd give atleast 70% away then I dunno about the rest, take care of my family seeing as my parents don't own any property and have no pension etc. and make a nice ecohome on the top of a very high hill.

Edit: Oh yeah and I'd come visit you all bearing very expensive and impractical gifts just to amuse myself.

Last edited:
If I won the lottery, I'd pay off the mortgages of all my friends and families that need it (despite what fly thinks) and any major bills they have.

Then I'd put at least 2 million away for savings (depending on the size of the jackpot I win)
1 million for investing, 1 million for spending, and the rest would go to my son for when he grew up (although he wouldn't know about it)