Lost Interest

Pandora said:
There's a lot of hobby type stuff that I pick up for awhile, get bored with it and then move onto something else. Painting, gardening, decorating, photography, playing the viola, and my new hobby sewing lol. But I usually get back around to it again. I think our interests/hobbies are a major part of who we are as an individual. Without these things that we 'do' we're just another warm body.

I played the viola for about a year. I got too busy though and couldn't devote the time needed to practice and whatnot.

I have hobbies I simply do less than I used to (crochet, sewing), but I still do them when I have time. I also really want a space to get my watercolors out so I can paint when I have time.

i want a piano again. i want to learn the violin. i want to do birdwatching and learn the birds. i want to write. i want to get all my photos organized. i want to read all the unread books that are gagging my bookshelves. i want to expand my music collection. i want to learn to knit. i want to do yoga. i want to learn how to garden. i want to learn how to bake fantastic things. i want to make candles. i want to make crayons. i want this house finished.
i want the motivation to get my ass in gear. :lol:

Thorn Bird said:
i want a piano again. i want to learn the violin. i want to do birdwatching and learn the birds. i want to write. i want to get all my photos organized. i want to read all the unread books that are gagging my bookshelves. i want to expand my music collection. i want to learn to knit. i want to do yoga. i want to learn how to garden. i want to learn how to bake fantastic things. i want to make candles. i want to make crayons. i want this house finished.
i want the motivation to get my ass in gear. :lol:

http://www.uselessforums.com/showthread.php?t=4608

I wouldn't worry too much about it. Lots of people have passing interests which briefly consume them and then fade away. For instance, shortly after the conquest of France Hitler became obsessed with playing the banjo. This has actually been cited as a contributing factor in Germany's failure in the Battle of Britain. After a few short months, however, his interest in bluegrass had waned and he became focused instead with the overthrow of the Soviet Union.
dodaadodaa.gif

itburnswhenipee said:
I wouldn't worry too much about it. Lots of people have passing interests which briefly consume them and then fade away. For instance, shortly after the conquest of France Hitler became obsessed with playing the banjo. This has actually been cited as a contributing factor in Germany's failure in the Battle of Britain. After a few short months, however, his interest in bluegrass had waned and he became focused instead with the overthrow of the Soviet Union.
dodaadodaa.gif

Did the gif or the story come first?

itburnswhenipee said:
The gif, or course. The story is an invention of my own.

Thought so; just thought it would be awesome if you actually stumbled upon a gif whilst doing 'historical research'.

i bought myself a decent beater motorcycle this summer, and rode it for maybe a month. then all the morons in this town with their nice new bikes bought with college loan money made me feel embarrased to be riding a POS, so i just parked it.

i plan on fixing it up this winter, but we'll see how that goes, i guess.

Whizzleteets said:
i bought myself a decent beater motorcycle this summer, and rode it for maybe a month. then all the morons in this town with their nice new bikes bought with college loan money made me feel embarrased to be riding a POS, so i just parked it.

What did you get?

Whizzleteets said:

My bike is definitely the shabbiest on the block when I park it at work, I don't care - I'm still riding every day I can :D

itburnswhenipee said:
What did you get?

a 1988 honda hurricane. 600cc. it's not a bad bike, or rather, it won't be a bad bike, after i do a little wrenching on it this winter.

it's missing almost all of the plastic, so i figure i'll just go for the "street fighter" look with it. gonna take off the front fairing/headlight, and replace it with a round light, then paint the remaining plastic and the tank flat black. also, i figure i can just remove everything else that's not really necessary in the first place, and beat the piss out of the bike this spring.

Whizzleteets said:
a 1988 honda hurricane. 600cc. it's not a bad bike, or rather, it won't be a bad bike, after i do a little wrenching on it this winter.

it's missing almost all of the plastic, so i figure i'll just go for the "street fighter" look with it. gonna take off the front fairing/headlight, and replace it with a round light, then paint the remaining plastic and the tank flat black. also, i figure i can just remove everything else that's not really necessary in the first place, and beat the piss out of the bike this spring.

I think bikes like that (no plastic) look really tough. kinda mad max style or something. make a tread with pics.

Whizzleteets said:

What work needs to be done besides the cosmetics?

itburnswhenipee said:
What work needs to be done besides the cosmetics?

chain needs tightened, it needs new tires, back brakes need to be bled, it needs a lot of electrical work, and i'm sure it could use a good tuneup, since it has 48k miles on it.