Lost Interest

Sp`ange

Flaccid Member
Nov 19, 2004
33.745091, -84.390205
www.uselessforums.com
Marklar
₥0
So, I broke out my MC-505 for the first time since my daughter was born (2 years) and I haven't really thought much about it. But I don't think I have seriously used it for the last 4-5 years. I started listening to all the old patterns that I had made and some were good, some were ok and a lot were bad. Most of the patterns were kind of studies in music and rhythm. Anyways, I started thinking back to the reason I dropped $1200 on it. I had been creating music on the computer since I was 15 and I wanted to expand. I spent so much of my time creating stuff and composing yet, I don't do it anymore. I never went longer than a few days without making music. Now, I make none. It's strange how you can be totally in to something and then there's nothing. I feel kinda depressed about it. I don't know what to blame other than the cable modem.

Anyone else have something like this happen? Being waaay interested in something and then it just goes away. I feel like an average person now. Someone who isn't creative.

I do that all the time... It started when I was 9... Get into something, learn everything, then lose interest. Now I actually have to search for new things to try.

I have turntables sitting here in my living room that i paid a shitload for and rarely used em. =/

edit: And shawn won't show me how to spin. :p

Last edited:
Theater and singing. My original college major was in musical theater. I did shows in school, and in community theater. I was in a show choir, a concert choir, a chamber choir, I competed at state and national levels in all and for solos. I stopped everything 4 years ago and until this show I'm in now, I haven't done anything. I don't even know why.

Bubbles said:
Theater and singing. My original college major was in musical theater. I did shows in school, and in community theater. I was in a show choir, a concert choir, a chamber choir, I competed at state and national levels in all and for solos. I stopped everything 4 years ago and until this show I'm in now, I haven't done anything. I don't even know why.
How did it go?

I got all interested in doing well in junior high school once. Then I got my first math homework assignment and was like "Screw this, I'm going to go ride my bike."

fly said:
I have turntables sitting here in my living room that i paid a sh*tload for and rarely used em. =/

edit: And shawn won't show me how to spin. :p
Someone would have to show him first.

just about everything i did in younger days has disappeared. writing is the top of the list, and i've been trying to get that back. i'm scared, because i've been out of practice for so long, i fear i've lost my talent forever. that's not a good feeling.
i also have a list of stuff i'd like to learn, but life keeps getting in the way. i have to find a way to sit myself down and make myself do it, but i'm great at procrastination and excuses.
now it seems that my 20s are running out quickly, and that saddens me. i've got to find a way to put some oomph back in my days so when i'm on that big front porch, rocking away and holding hands with spange, i will be able to remember something that symbolizes what it was like to be in my 20s.

fly said:
How did it go?

I almost fell on my ass during the first can-can; like a moron, I tried to lead during the waltz; I swallowed a piece of my hair during another dance and almost threw up on stage when I pulled it out of my throat.......other than that, the show went really well. The people that write the reviews for the newspaper were there and thy seemed quite impressed. IT WAS GREAT!!! :D

I was into model makeing when I was a kid. I entertained working in the movie idustry doing star wars type movies and stuff. Then I discoverd that girls had boobs.

a friend of mine is going to the royal college of music to study composition, except his focus is classical guitar, not decks :p

My only really passion has been Science and I still actively persue it though I rarely ever read any magazines on the topic. I am going to have to get a subscription to the Lancet though (http://www.thelancet.com/) as it will no doubt help me... hopefully :p

THe only thing that this has happened to me on is redally not even the same thing. I played fo Viola for 9 years, got in a car accident and couldn't play anymore. I tried but the pain in my neck and back was just unbearable. Now anytime I see an orchestra I have the urge to play but I think I'm just scared. Scared that I don't remember how, scared that it would still hurt. So I just haven't done it. It makes me sad. I really miss it, but between not really having the time and not really having the courage I can't seem to do it.

Bast does this all the time. Find something expensive that holds his attention for about five minutes and the sell whatever it is to buy the next thing. The only thing that I say is not like that is spinning. He loves his turn tables, but can't really find the time to mess with them anymore. I think this make me more sad then it makes him. I used to love it when he woudl spin. And I didn't even like techno before I met him.