Lord of the Rings question...

BigDov said:
I thought he already said he would do it, although not with the same studio or something....... or was that just a rumor last year?

Dunno

Hed have to have the same guy play Gandalf, so hed better hurry up:p
Bilbo could be a different actor cuz hed be so much younger. I think those are the only 2 that directly carry over.

I'm getting my Special Edition RotK tomorrow, and I have some time off coming up, and was thinking about pulling the marathon viewing session, watching all 3 extended versions back to back. Total viewing time would be 14+ hours. :drool:

Baron Von Awesome said:
I'm getting my Special Edition RotK tomorrow, and I have some time off coming up, and was thinking about pulling the marathon viewing session, watching all 3 extended versions back to back. Total viewing time would be 14+ hours. :drool:
holy shit thats a lot of nerdom. You should do a weekend of LOTR and the Star Wars Trilogy.

I wish I knew someone that nerdy around here.

Pancake Wagon said:
holy shit thats a lot of nerdom. You should do a weekend of LOTR and the Star Wars Trilogy.

I wish I knew someone that nerdy around here.

That might be more raw nerd than my body and mind could take. Have you forgotten multiple computers and D&D? I would vaporize myself with nerd overdose.

theacoustician said:
The LoTR books are the second most read books in history next to the Bible. Considering the Bible had 1950 years head start, I'd say that's pretty good. I'd hardly call its popularity a fad.

lol. i heard that the red book was the second most read book of all time.

Baron Von Awesome said:
That might be more raw nerd than my body and mind could take. Have you forgotten multiple computers and D&D? I would vaporize myself with nerd overdose.
Yeah, but how can you choose. Star Wars vs LOTR?

theacoustician said:
The red book?

you know the communist how to book by mao tse-tung. think about it there are like a bagillion people in china and if they all have a copy. my sister menitoned that it was the most published book. she had to read some of it for her history class this semester.

edit: so i win. :p

ieholly said:
you know the communist how to book by mao tse-tung. think about it there are like a bagillion people in china and if they all have a copy. my sister menitoned that it was the most published book. she had to read some of it for her history class this semester.

Needs more chick magazine.

ieholly said:

No, you and your sister lose. The New York Times states that for the 20th century the top most read books were 1. The Bible, 2. The Lord of the Rings. That was before the movies even came out. You lose big time and you're off my Christmas list.

Everytime i hear the about lotr i think of how gay frodo and sam were the entire time. they took friendship to a whole new san francisco level.

theacoustician said:
No, you and your sister lose. The New York Times states that for the 20th century the top most read books were 1. The Bible, 2. The Lord of the Rings. That was before the movies even came out. You lose big time and you're off my Christmas list.

why are you so mean. my comments about lotr are not a personal attack on you. :( :( meany pants.

ieholly said:
why are you so mean. my comments about lotr are not a personal attack on you. :( :( meany pants.

You're talking to a man with whatever the crap is on that Ring, tattooed onto his arm. He is not to be trifed with when it comes to the Baggins family!