Lord of the Rings question...

April23 said:
Couldn't you just PM the guy with the LOTR tat? THEAC PAGING THEAC
I didn't want an entire pages worth of discussion over how the Orcs were superior fighters and thinkers compared to the Goblins and how their matriarchal society allowed them to control their breeding populations, ensuring strong and healthy warriors for generations to come.

ieholly said:
am i the only one who is bored of whole lotr fad thing???

nope. I wouldn't mind the box set... but I'm sick of hearing about it.

Pancake Wagon said:
I didn't want an entire pages worth of discussion over how the Orcs were superior fighters and thinkers compared to the Goblins and how their matriarchal society allowed them to control their breeding populations, ensuring strong and healthy warriors for generations to come.

huh

I Poo On U said:
srry
Not everything can be as clever and deep as the latest adam sandler movie

right, and that was exactly the point i was trying to make.

point is the books have been around for a long time. then the movie(s) came out and now its super popular. its a fad. it will die out and then someone will reprint the books or make a new movie 30 years from now and it will be popular all over again for a whole new set of weirdos. all of this is regardless of how deep and meaningful you think the books are.

ieholly said:

point is the books have been around for a long time. then the movie(s) came out and now its super popular. its a fad. it will die out and then someone will reprint the books or make a new movie 30 years from now and it will be popular all over again for a whole new set of weirdos. all of this is regardless of how deep and meaningful you think the books are.
yer a fad

ieholly said:

But generally the people who are excited about the movies have been fans of the books for quite some time.

I'd be lying if I said the DVD's were the first bit of LOTR 'merchandise' I've owned, shit I bought the Ralph Bakshii(sp?) cartoon movies a long time ago

I Poo On U said:
girls never like anything cool
I bet if there was a hollly hobby movie or some shit like that youd be all over it like Oprah on a honeybaked ham.
I like to play in the mud.

True story.