FYI looks like i need to enable protocol filtering on my home network

i wonder if this is why my internet is currently down but no one elses is down in the dorms... i've upped a couple TBs in the past few semesters

i wonder if this is why my internet is currently down but no one elses is down in the dorms... i've upped a couple TBs in the past few semesters

maybe, if you over saturate your upload bandwidth you leave too little available to even MAKE requests for downloads. ends up adding a HUGE latency to your connection.

instead of a page starting to load in a few seconds, it takes like 20 to 30 seconds to start loading.

Seems like they would notify you. Do you have to login or is it wired?

yeah i'm just being paranoid as usual.... waiting for them to bust down my door and take my box of hdds
i'm plugged into the wall, and they stopped forcing us to login to the network a year ago. thank god

maybe, if you over saturate your upload bandwidth you leave too little available to even MAKE requests for downloads. ends up adding a HUGE latency to your connection.

instead of a page starting to load in a few seconds, it takes like 20 to 30 seconds to start loading.

had that happen with my parents connection back in the day, but time warner limited us to like 45K up.
at school i limit myself to 500K :fly: i've seen it reach well over a MB/s quite often