Looking for a new car, need help

dbzeag

Wants to kiss you where it stinks
Jun 9, 2006
Marklar
₥947
So I was looking into a Honda Fit Sport (with 5sp and better alloy rims) or a Mazda3 5-door (with 5sp).

I qualify for S-Plan through work for the Mazda, so after destination charges and tax and incentives, I get 0.9% for 36 months on $19048.

For the Honda, dealers aren't going below MSRP in our area because they just can't keep them in stock. That means I get 3.9% financing on $17763 for the Honda.

The difference between the two would be $20 a month.

Anyone have any ideas which I should get? Any other recommendations? I would like somehting fairly utilitarian and reliable with very reasonable gas mileage. I read a story that the EPA in 2008 will give the Honda barely better economy than the Mazda.

I have test driven both of them, and for the driving I will be doing, they are both a wash. Both are more than capable for what I need it to do.

Just for kicks, I also qualify for the X-Plan for Ford Focus, and $2500 cash back on top of that. That brings the price to $12160 after tax and destination charges.

Just for kicks, I also qualify for the X-Plan for Ford Focus, and $2500 cash back on top of that. That brings the price to $12160 after tax and destination charges.

get a cobalt...those are super pimp so I hear :shifty:

I'd go for the 3 also...the fit is so ugly I'm surprised it doesn't offend your gay sensibilities :fly:

I am also in the market and actually was on the Mazda lot yesterday looking at the 3 and the 6. That's probably the direction I will go. Another ford angle instead of the focus might be the fusion. I've looked at and test driven the fusion and all in all I liked it a lot.

From your options above, I'd go with the 3...but I'd get the sedan version.

If I buy used, I would get the Mazda. A used Honda Fit will be a first run fit, and I don't want that.

Doing a search on autotrader, there are no 1 yo or 2 yo cars within 100mi from me :(

get a cobalt...those are super pimp so I hear :shifty:

I'd go for the 3 also...the fit is so ugly I'm surprised it doesn't offend your gay sensibilities :fly:

If I was going with the gay car, I would get a VW EOS. What seems to be the new hotness among the queens of Cleveland are Scion xB's and Elements. Go figure.

I don't think either is more reliable than the other having owned a car from both.

I'd say go with whichever you like for it's comfort and ease of use (button locations, storage, etc) since the drive is the same.