Look what happened to me Tuesday night

dbzeag

Wants to kiss you where it stinks
Jun 9, 2006
Marklar
₥1,014
So I was one of 9 cars in the past two days to get some damage. I think mine is the most severe, though.

Sound system worth about $920 was taken. Car is at the dealer now getting fixed. Insurance is covering everything including the POS Chevy Cobalt I am driving now.

FYI - This was in my locked garage in my condo building. I have more stories about this if anyone is interested.

PS - Check the blood from the not-so-smart perpetrators.

Two kids from the same building broke into my car by throwing a jack from a different car they broke into in my window. While it went through, it hit my steering wheel and broke that a bit. While they were reaching in to unlock my door and open my trunk one of them cut themselves and bled all over the steering wheel and some on the seat.

The best part about the whole thing is the police work, or lack thereof.

Of the 9 cases, only 5 made a police report because the other 4 the police just didn't want to bother with.

When the cops woke me up at 5am to check out my car, they pointed out the car was broken into and the sub/amp box in my trunk was taken. What they failed to point out was the large amount of glass all over and the front door broken into. Ummm duh.

They did not notice the extra jack laying on the passenger side that was not from my car.

They did not notice the blood on the steering wheel.

When I asked them to take fingerprints they declined.

Later that day when I reported this to the condo association, I found out about the blood from looking at the pictures. I asked if they wanted to take a sample before I tried and cleaned it up. They declined. While in the office, the condo manager was cueing up the survelance tape and the cop didn't want to bother watching it.

Since it was identified who did the crimes, the condo association evicted them. It was then they found some of the other stereos that were stolen (not mine). The police did not want to arrest them.

Justice system anyone?

dbzeag said:
Justice system anyone?

180px-Robinson_punisher.jpg

dbzeag said:
Two kids from the same building broke into my car by throwing a jack from a different car they broke into in my window. While it went through, it hit my steering wheel and broke that a bit. While they were reaching in to unlock my door and open my trunk one of them cut themselves and bled all over the steering wheel and some on the seat.

The best part about the whole thing is the police work, or lack thereof.

Of the 9 cases, only 5 made a police report because the other 4 the police just didn't want to bother with.

When the cops woke me up at 5am to check out my car, they pointed out the car was broken into and the sub/amp box in my trunk was taken. What they failed to point out was the large amount of glass all over and the front door broken into. Ummm duh.

They did not notice the extra jack laying on the passenger side that was not from my car.

They did not notice the blood on the steering wheel.

When I asked them to take fingerprints they declined.

Later that day when I reported this to the condo association, I found out about the blood from looking at the pictures. I asked if they wanted to take a sample before I tried and cleaned it up. They declined. While in the office, the condo manager was cueing up the survelance tape and the cop didn't want to bother watching it.

Since it was identified who did the crimes, the condo association evicted them. It was then they found some of the other stereos that were stolen (not mine). The police did not want to arrest them.

Justice system anyone?

Same sort of thing happened to a friend of ours here a couple weeks ago, they stole his car used it as a bumper car and then left it on blocks torn apart.

Cops are good for damn near nothing these days. You can't trust them, nor do they serve and protect anymore. The gangsters and drug dealers are cops now. Meh... you can try for a different cop and explain the last one didn't do crap, or go to the captain.

Is the insurance going to cover it?

April23 said:
Same sort of thing happened to a friend of ours here a couple weeks ago, they stole his car used it as a bumper car and then left it on blocks torn apart.

Cops are good for damn near nothing these days. You can't trust them, nor do they serve and protect anymore. The gangsters and drug dealers are cops now. Meh... you can try for a different cop and explain the last one didn't do crap, or go to the captain.

Yeah, they are even covering the POS Chevy Cobalt I am driving now.

CSI is just a tv show. Cops do not look at evidence in theft. They just don't care. The only reason they do the paperwork is for your insurance company becuase they sure as hell aren't going to follow up on it. Watch the show the first 48 hours on bravo sometime to see real police detectives at work. They are idiots. They couldn't win at Clue if you gave them a clue.

That sucks man.

A similar but more humorous story is when somebody stole my sister-in-law's car in Orlando. It was some POS saturn that still ran but had some engine troubles. The cops on chance recovered it and returned it. Later when she was driving it she realized that the theif that stole it had fixed the engine because it was running better than ever.

April23 said:

It definitely seems like cops only car about felony charges

dbzeag said:
`snip`
Justice system anyone?
The police are under no obligation to help you. :D

Anyway think of it this way, there are probably 10s of car breakins every night. Hundreds a month. 1000s a year. Unless there is someone dead in your car it's just not worth the effort.

In other news, this is why you have insurance.

FlamingGloryHole said:
The police are under no obligation to help you. :D

Anyway think of it this way, there are probably 10s of car breakins every night. Hundreds a month. 1000s a year. Unless there is someone dead in your car it's just not worth the effort.

In other news, this is why you have insurance.
I'm gonna buy a big ass fucking house, with a huge ass garage one day