longest.commute.evar.

Mrs. Valve

Dizzy Broad
Oct 6, 2004
The QFH
Marklar
₥3,799
i woke up at 6 this morning to hop in the car and drive 400 miles to get to work. whee!

what's going on here on this fine monday afternoon? did everyone have a good weekend?

content purposes line: what's the longest you can drive by yourself without going batshit crazy? for me it's prolly around 8 hours

F33nX said:
i woke up at 6 this morning to hop in the car and drive 400 miles to get to work. whee!

what's going on here on this fine monday afternoon? did everyone have a good weekend?

content purposes line: what's the longest you can drive by yourself without going batshit crazy? for me it's prolly around 8 hours
Damn, my longest commute time-wise was about 3.5hrs to cover 62 miles, my longest mileage commute was only 140 and took less time

I've never driven longer than 5 hours by myself, so I wouldn't know. I bet I could go for 24 hours straight if I thought my knee wouldn't give out.

well, this was a one time shot, as i was driving from my parents' house in RI to work in rochester. the longest i've driven with a person in the car is 13 hours, but i don't know if i could do that by myself. i was in such a trance when i got in this afternoon, i had the thousand-yard stare going

longest commute i have ever done was 6 hours straight or 22 hours with stops every 4 hours...london to south spain :D

I drove 13 hours with the only stops being for gas......... sucks doing that too, but the only thing keeping me awake was my need to pee, so I didn't even stop for that.

I think I'd be ready to kill someone by the time I drove 8 hours straight, but I'd snap a lot sooner if I had to do it with kids. "Mom, I gotta pee", "Mom, he (she) is touching me", "Mom, are we there yet?" :eek: I don't ever try to drive more than an hour or so with my kids :lol:

Ya I would have called in sick for 400miles.

I do only an hour to work and an hour back. Longest I've driven by myself in the car was to New Orleans, probably 5-6 hours cant remember.

Weee

DW said:
I think I'd be ready to kill someone by the time I drove 8 hours straight, but I'd snap a lot sooner if I had to do it with kids. "Mom, I gotta pee", "Mom, he (she) is touching me", "Mom, are we there yet?" :eek: I don't ever try to drive more than an hour or so with my kids :lol:

:lol: i feel for you! the one time i did 13 hours was with my friends in the car, which was almost bad enough! :p

wow, what a bunch of pussies. I regularly drive 23-24 hours non stop from Toronto to Miami Florida, sometimes pulling a trailer.

from 10-14 hours is the worst because you don't think you will make it. Then at around 13/14th hour you catch a second wind and you feel like you can drive for days.

crazymike said:
wow, what a bunch of pussies. I regularly drive 23-24 hours non stop from Toronto to Miami Florida, sometimes pulling a trailer.

from 10-14 hours is the worst because you don't think you will make it. Then at around 13/14th hour you catch a second wind and you feel like you can drive for days.

okay, fine, you win:p

i've driven 23 hours to florida and back with my family numerous times, and it really isn't that bad. around the 12th, 13th hour things start getting interesting again

I did 22 or 23 hours straight by myself, once.
never again. especially now that I have a kid. 8-10 hours would be my max.

driven from albany, NY to atlanta by myself in one day...took like 16-18 hours iirc
by the end I had every window down(middle of winter) and was screaming the lyrics to every song on the radio :lol:

F33nX said:
icontent purposes line: what's the longest you can drive by yourself without going batshit crazy? for me it's prolly around 8 hours

When I was younger I could do several days..I get along just fine by myself.. The only issue that has popped up recently, is caused by my car.

I bought a Jetti TDI, and in July I drove out to VA for a minor vacation/clear my head. Anyway, I'm leave StL at like 6 am, got some cold drinks, a ton of CD's and a full tank of gas.. and I drive.... and drive.... and drive... until I need to stop..

The problem is, this car gets like 3 times better milage then my last car... so the first time I actually got out of the car was to get gas in VA.. 650 miles/11 hours later.. didn't even dawn on me that it was the first time I stopped until I tried to stand up.